Players not living up to their full potential/potential decreasing????

delrio

Reaction score
What is up with that? Zouma had 5 star potential when i bought him now a few years later its only 3 stars?
Theres tons more examples like this!
Am i doing something wrong?

Happens to me all the time.

Two points:

1) Ultimately its the individual stats which count and not the stars.
2) It must be the training - particularly the individual training.
3) As in real life not every player reaches his potential.

Come to think of it that was 3 points ...

Happens to me all the time.

Two points:

1) Ultimately its the individual stats which count and not the stars.
2) It must be the training - particularly the individual training.
3) As in real life not every player reaches his potential.

Come to think of it that was 3 points ...

so do you compare the stats when choosing your starting team or do you go by how the game ranks them star-wise?

I find that the most useful indicator is value in relation to age. So eg a 24 yo worth 4m is better than a 28yo worth 5.

From then on I look at the stats for the particular position I play them at. I also pay attention to form; I first have the assman pick the team cos they usually do it on basis of morale and form and then manually tweak their selection. But the bigger the squad gets the less I do that cos I have to rotate to keep everybody happy.

All things considered if you get the tactics correct for particular matches that is the most important factor ...

I find that the most useful indicator is value in relation to age. So eg a 24 yo worth 4m is better than a 28yo worth 5.

From then on I look at the stats for the particular position I play them at. I also pay attention to form; I first have the assman pick the team cos they usually do it on basis of morale and form and then manually tweak their selection. But the bigger the squad gets the less I do that cos I have to rotate to keep everybody happy.

All things considered if you get the tactics correct for particular matches that is the most important factor ...

Don't forget value also depends on League, time remaining on contract, performance etc aswell ;)

so do you compare the stats when choosing your starting team or do you go by how the game ranks them star-wise?

I think select them according to stats, PPM, position, etc... Stars doesn't tells you much. My sagna is 2 and a half star same as my Sebastian Corchia, both are good in their own ways. For example if I need a RB to close down fast onto players like messi, neymar, Ronaldo and is able to tackle well and mark them decently, I would go with corchia. If I would like to play a very attacking kind of philosophy... I also go with corchia due to the fact that he can cut inside score goals and he can run down the right side really fast and he is an amazing crosser. For sagna case, I would usually use him when I am going against opponent that aren't as fast and technical as messi, Ronaldo, neymar... But rather against more physical opponent. That would allow my right side defense to be more stable. It really depends on the situation you have, play according to what you need, or if you want to do some rotation, go ahead. :) that's all I can tell you. My sagna drop stars due to a long term injuiry and this is just an example. :)