Players not performing well when I'm managing...

Mikon

Reaction score
I know I suck so, please, no trolls here.

So the strange thing is: when I'm in the match, no matter what I say, even if the team reacts well, they just don't perform. On the other hand, whenI leave in a holiday and my assistant is the one managing the team, they usually win.

Is it a SI game thing? Because it really reminds me of the "rubber band effect" in racing games: the game startis to bullshit you just so that you could have more... "emotion" during games.

How do you guys managing the team talks in 2019?

Any other thing I'm missing during the matches? Because I always had a pretty great return from my players, but this version is just killing me.

There aren't artificial limiters like rubber banding in FM.

Green reactions aren't necessarily good and red reactions aren't necessarily bad. Some times telling the players something they like to hear will lead them to overconfidence or being too aggressive with their decisions, while telling them something that ****** them off will make them more focused. That's true as much with the team talks during the match day as with press conferences. Don't be afraid of getting them red reactions.
Apart from that, I can't really say much. Try to look at what you do, what your assistant recommends you to do before the match in the tactics advice, what are his preferences according to his profile, take a look at the games you've left to him, try to figure out what tactical decisions he takes differently than yours and think why they may make your team perform better.
I think that's the advice I can give you. Two bonus advices: never chalk anything to luck, there is always a cause in your tactics, no matter how non obvious it is; in matters of tactics and strategy it's an universal truth the obvious answers are the wrong ones and the opposite to the obvious tend to be the correct, though the first part is more frequent than the second.