Players not selling even with ridiculously low asking price

appoxplayer

Reaction score
I've started a new game with Nottingham Forest and before signing new players need to sell some as they're already over the financial fair play restrictions but no one will sell. I put up Jamie Mackie who is valued at £3.2m with an asking price of £1.5m which attracted no offers. I've been lowering it bit by bit and it's now at £500k and still no takers, for a player worth £3.2m! He isn't on massive wages either as I just started. It's not just him either no one is selling, I offered out Blackstock (worth £2m) eventually for £700k and eventually sent him out on loan with a future fee of £650k just to get rid of him.

Why aren't anyone selling?!

Did you start the new game using the updated (14.3) database, with January transfers included?

Did you start the new game using the updated (14.3) database, with January transfers included?

I started with the latest official database, I assume it has the Jan transfers

I started with the latest official database, I assume it has the Jan transfers
It means that all the transfers have been made already, so the teams will not have a lot of money left in their budgets. That may be why you're not getting offers.

It means that all the transfers have been made already, so the teams will not have a lot of money left in their budgets. That may be why you're not getting offers.

If that's the case then I guess I'm screwed, already bought a couple players assuming I could sell some to meet FFP but now I'm not going to be any where near it.

It's a mistake you can learn from. Don't give up trying to sell them though, but there won't be many clubs interested.

If that's the case then I guess I'm screwed, already bought a couple players assuming I could sell some to meet FFP but now I'm not going to be any where near it.

If you go up it won't matter because you'll get the TV money from the premier league before FFP kicks in