Players on Non-contracts (pay as you play)

mainomano

Reaction score
I'm having a go at the FC United challenge (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/chal...nited-vs-man-utd-anti-glaziers-challenge.html)

So I've signed some players on non-contracts where they only get money for appearances. Unfortunately, a few of these are becoming really good, and so are generating a bit of interest.

I've tried signing them on part time contracts, so at least I can get some money if I sell them, but the game won't let me. If I choose 'part time' as opposed to 'non-contract' on the contract offer screen, it doesn't give me the option to give any length on a contract.

Does anyone know why this is?

It's not just for under 18s, I've got a 19yr old English kid on my team who I'd like to keep.

Don't have any screenshots at the mo as I'm at work, but could add some tonight.

I ran into a similar issue when I started a game at Boreham Wood and could only get players to sign Non-Contract or Youth terms....

What I figured eventually was the board blocks me giving contracts to any players that aren't given "Key Player" or "Youngster" squad status - until you change the squad status to one of these it doesn't allow me to change the contract length...

I guess once finances allow (or promotions require!) the board will offer the full squad options with contracts :S

Cheers Deth, thats spot on.

Just got promoted in to League 2, so the team has gone fully professional which means I can offer full time contracts to anyone I like.