Players out of position and tired

lltomll

Reaction score
I have two questions that are not clearly explained by the game

When a player is fielded out of position, he probably have some attributes reduced. Are this attributes just from the mental/psycologial row, or other attributes suffer?

And when a player is tired, just the physical attributes are effected or others also.

In the first question, I suppose just the mental should be affected, but in the second, the physical should have a bigger impact, but the rest I think should suffer too.

no stats are dropped perse', however, I assume if the player is playing out of position (competent) there will be some sort of algarithm that has more chance of him playing poorly than good...

not sure exactly, however stats are will not drop for the actual game that is played as it does not drop in the game...

when a player is tired, there is more chance of him making mistakes, playing worse and getting injured

I've often wondered about playing players out of position. I agree that some attributes should be reduced, but some like passing and tackling should remain the same. I think it would be bad programming to have a players passing and tackling reduced just because he's a on a different part of the pitch. I wonder if this is the case?

Well they play in their position naturally for a reason. So maybe they would simply play worse because their stats don't fit into that position as well?

This is obviously not true.

As a fast striker has all the attributes to be a good winger or inside forward, a DMF with good crossing and speed also could be a fullback.

And Raikan, wouldnt this algorithm act dropping some mental attributes?
And about the tired player, whats the better way to make a player perform worse, make mistakes? Wouldnt again the better and easiest way to show these changes to just drop some attributes? Like when you are tired you not just run slower, but your decision making is not the same.

In reality, I would expect a player on an unfamiliar position to play quite bad without the ball. That means I would expect him to stand at the wrong positions often or to not anticipate team moves correctly.

However in FM it seems like they just play quite bad overall. They often lose the ball or can't control it well, their passes are often incomplete aso. I guess the match viewer is just a display of precalculated numbers which determine the outcome of the game, the number of chances and the rating of the players. Like the game calculates that a player is on the wrong position so he gets a rating of 5 instead of a usually 6-7 - then in the match view it generates mistakes for the player to justify his bad performance.

Might be completely wrong about this, but it fits to my spectations...

Nobody knows for sure then?

Shouldnt something so important be more clear?