Raikan007

Reaction score
I have been thinking this for a while and would like to see what you all think about the pro's/con's and or implications one has in giving a player his preferred number over giving him another one...

For eg:

Gaston Ramirez prefers #10 and so do three of my other players, I decided to give it to Gaston over the others, does this impact anything at all?

Thoughts?

I honestly don't know.. I doubt it? I've never seen it upset a player in my years of playing so yeah..

Well I bought Arteta and his fave number is 10, but that was already taken. Have about 5-6 who didn't get favourite numbers and hasn't impacted performances at all. Only thing I can think of is maybe it would only affect the nutters who are volatile/short tempered. All the players in my Wigan squad are consumate proffessionals-I never buy nutjobs

I honestly don't know.. I doubt it? I've never seen it upset a player in my years of playing so yeah..

yeah me neither.. in real life I would be ****** if I never got the #1 jersey as keeper lol :p

I've never noticed any differences, but I've also concidered the implications, if more than one player wants the same n.o I'll give to the best player.
Would be nice if it did have an effect or at least if a player would say he proud to wearing the number of past greats such as.....blah blah.
I heard kagawa turned down the number 7 due to the pressure involved wearing the number that legends had worn, that could be bs I read it skysports.

Last edited:
I've seen miles answer this very question on twitter.

It Can affect the players personal relationship with you. It won't affect his performances.

Last edited:
Really? Wow. Got to be honest and that never even crossed my mind in this. Guess it is realistic enough after all lol

cheers all, was hoping to also enlighten others who had the same thoughts ;)

cheers! well I then have 3 players that dont like me much after that :p

oh well, Fm13 demo comes out tomorrow!

I have wondered if assigning favoured numbers to players would have an impact, you think it would seeing as it is something shown in the game.

I dont think so.. it will be the Demo with all of the bugs that have been raised and sorted out from the BETA...

So the beta will then be worse than the free download?
Think the beta will get an update before the 2nd?
they could at least update it to the same standard as the demo.

Never seen any sign that it had an effect. On a similar note has anybody noticed more general consequences of the numbers? When I submit my numbers at the beginning of the year there's always a news story noting which goalkeeper was handed the number 1 and commenting on one other number (often 4 or 5). The story seems to imply that players 1-11 are going to be your first choice starting XI, and yet I've never seen anybody unhappy about being 12+.

Seems like it might be one of these superficial things added in the name of realism.