Reaction score
how do i resolve problems when players feels that there is lack of discipline in the club?

Start fining people when they get red cards. I had that problem cos I used to give players 2 warnings for red cards then fine them, just ended up with them thinking they could get away with it.

Now I fine a weeks wages for two yellow cards, 2 weeks wages for a straight red. If they complain just tell them you're the manager and you make the decisions. Worked for me.

The above, in addition to promoting discipline at press conferences, e.g. if your team pick up several bookings you DON'T reply "It showed they got stuck in."

how do i resolve problems when players feels that there is lack of discipline in the club?

Fernando Torres complained in my first season even though no one had been sent-off and I was averaging 3 yellow cards a game. My opposition inst is to tackle the key players hard so I don't mind that number.Told him I will deal with it and the next game he was sent off for two yellows! Gave him a warning and that was the end of the matter.

Charles Itandje kept missing training regularly so I kept fining him two weeks each time. Fined him about 6 times in total.

One Champions League game away at Real Madrid I got 7 yellows and they got 9 yellows and 1 red. The ref was crazy.

what if the player then responded that our relationship is broken things like that?

I kept playing him, and praising him if doing well. If still no change, in come cases, I had to list them. Thats why i prefer not to take on players who are confrontational, or volatile

oh and btw, apparently i ****** of many players with reason i'm not sure about

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

I kept playing him, and praising him if doing well. If still no change, in come cases, I had to list them. Thats why i prefer not to take on players who are confrontational, or volatile

does increasing wage for those player would change anything?

try and check each one - normally it could be anything. From they think you're treating a team mate too harsh, to something else entirely different like unhappy with team talks. Could be anything. Gotta look and try to find out whats wrong, and in some cases, it can be resolved

It could, but it also backfire. It may upset someone who gets paid less, and they MAY demand a similar wage, and before you know it, other players will be doing it.

what if the player then responded that our relationship is broken things like that?

As said keep playing him and treating him normal, it depends on his hidden stats but I had a falling out with De Rossi at Roma, you know the clubs flagship player and he never got back on terms... Eventually it started showing up in my *** Mans feedback that the players found it hard to get on with him and he disturbed the dressing room, so i sold him to pool for 20m.

Funnily enough i fell out with Mexes too in a similar way he got sold too.

I think the games fairly fickle in some of these situations and maybe needs tweaking...

For example you tell a 18 year old striker to place his shots... he disagrees with you saying it wouldn't benefit... if you push it he falls out with you and loses respect. I mean 18 year olds working under a world class manager i don't think that would be the outcome.

To stop those discipline problems in general in press say for derbies and the like 'I think we'd be bettter off with 11 players on the pitch and such' and after talk down play of getting stuck in and for straight reds 1 weeks wages, 2 yellows a warning. I tried 2 weeks and that just upsets players even if they are repeat offenders.

again and again and again...

lack of discipline refers NOT to bookings, or not exclusively, but to overall discipline

as in not training hard, not performing well, lack of professionalism and so on and so forth...

it's how you deal with those issues that matter, not bookings... every player gets booked at some point, sometimes for nothing...

it's like going to school and then ******* around in class... if your teacher gets ****** and smacks you a few times around the head +1

if he just lets you get on with it... -1

comprende?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/player-unhappy-t55177.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=824146&postcount=4

Last edited: