Players rarely score despite several shots on target !!

khurana1492

Reaction score
Well as the topic says, my Man United team averages about 9 shots on target, and yet we win only 1 or 2-0. Great forwards like rooney and chicharito keep either hitting it at the keeper, or the post/crossbar.

Any suggestions as to how to get them scoring heavily ? I read on these forums that a slower tempo helps, but it really hasn't made any difference in my situation.

Thanks for the help !!

Well as the topic says, my Man United team averages about 9 shots on target, and yet we win only 1 or 2-0. Great forwards like rooney and chicharito keep either hitting it at the keeper, or the post/crossbar.

Any suggestions as to how to get them scoring heavily ? I read on these forums that a slower tempo helps, but it really hasn't made any difference in my situation.

Thanks for the help !!

Try setting your strikers' individual focus to composure or finishing. The preferred move training to placing shots. Also create a training schedule which concentrates solely on shooting and attacking. Also, try and raise their morale and don't be harsh on them unless you need to. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the help !!

Focus on getting yourself good finishers with good composure and techique, so they don't spray shots all over the place. And like people said, train them on placing their shots.

Thanks for the replies, their composure is 17 and 16 respectively, but I'll get them started on placing their shots. Hope it works !!