Players refusing to enter negotiations

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
Essentially I've started as AZ Alkmaar, and I bidded for Garra Dembele and Leigh Griffiths, entered contract negotiations, they both refused to discuss. I signed Dembele with Pompey in another save in Championship. Then tried getting Jay DeMerit, and he done it too. The ****?

Mabey they dont want to go to that country ?
mabey they want to go to the bigger leagues

It's all up to the reputation in this case. It's either the league or the club, but unfortunately the difference between those and the players' reps are too big...

Edit:
That's what I thought, but I signed Dembele and DeMerit as Ajax :mad:

Then it's cause of the clubs reputation...

Mabey if you try signing someone of the same nationality they will be more likely to come

Sometimes a player just doesn't fancy going to your club.

Frustrating, I know :(

I'm in the Europa League, so really, surely Leigh Griffiths of Dundee would want to join D:

Sucks. The one thing I hate is when your top scorer learns that Barcelona are after him, and won't negotiate a bigger contract with you. :mad:

Sucks. The one thing I hate is when your top scorer learns that Barcelona are after him, and won't negotiate a bigger contract with you. :mad:

or just when he's your best player and is scoring for form..then being sold for £1 million because his contracts about to run out and your at a small club.. D: I also find it weird when regen players at small clubs wont enter talks with big teams, I tried signing a 16 year old keeper from Pompey with Barcelona and he wouldn't even talk to me.. :\

or just when he's your best player and is scoring for form..then being sold for £1 million because his contracts about to run out and your at a small club.. D: I also find it weird when regen players at small clubs wont enter talks with big teams, I tried signing a 16 year old keeper from Pompey with Barcelona and he wouldn't even talk to me.. :\

Regens won't leave the club the year they're generated. Or at least 6 months, as far as I've seen... The game treats it like a new signing, which are also impossible to sign, at least not in the first 6 moths...

Regens won't leave the club the year they're generated. Or at least 6 months, as far as I've seen... The game treats it like a new signing, which are also impossible to sign, at least not in the first 6 moths...
Not true, I poach a ton of regens the day they "spawn". Reputation plays a big role, but sometimes the regen really isn't interested in leaving the club at all, no matter what.

@Jay Pricey: Start sucking up to him and maybe he'll join after a year ;)

Not true, I poach a ton of regens the day they "spawn". Reputation plays a big role, but sometimes the regen really isn't interested in leaving the club at all, no matter what.

@Jay Pricey: Start sucking up to him and maybe he'll join after a year ;)

Well I guess you're taking advantage of regens not having a contract when they are generated. But after they sign a contract, it's really next to impossible to sign them. And you're right, sometimes even after a player's agent agrees to a contract the player will say he's too young to move...

sometimes players just refuse to sign for foreign clubs

Go on holiday for a day if a player refuses to enter contract negotiations. I did, and then his status was 'currently considering a contract offer from Man United'. He rejected it eventually, but at least it gives you some way of offering a contract.

i have a similar problem at west ham. Obinna is on loan at west ham and has been pretty good, so i wanted to sign him since inter werent renewing his contract but he refuse to negotiate!

not always abt reputation
Di Selvisteri italian rite back is unhappy at Man City and was transfer listed by request and wouldn't even negotiate a contract with my AC Milan team and accepts Arsenal contract
its too bad when a transfer listed player by request refuse to negoiate a contract with u when he want to leave his club and it happened a couple of times

I can't get Ben Arfa to enter negotiations :'( At least January update will fix that

Also, sometimes doesn't it depend on your repuation as a coach? If you just put Sunday League Player, or Semi-Pro, or even Pro, but haven't proven yourself, they might not want to go and play for you.