Players retiring very young after leaving my club?

jayuhguy

Reaction score
Hey,

I was looking back at my transfer history to see how some players have done since leaving my club, and strangely some players have retired shortly after leaving my club - despite being very young and getting first team football.

Has anyone else found this? Is it caused by players moving to leagues which are unplayable?

Here are a couple of examples in an Imgur album - both players had high potential but moved away and then retired at just 24 years old.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Lots of players retire from football at a young age IRL. In fact, most who try don't make it. At some point they have to give it up and get another job to survive.

In FM, if there's no interest from clubs, the player retires. You can help it a bit by having more active leagues though.

Cheers both, seems a common issue then. The second one in my album was the weirdest, he had good potential so an Italian club offered £3m for him, he played semi-regularly and then just retired only a couple of years after they played £3m. I probably would have taken him back, he was a good player.