Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Players roles and injury prone

michelhovel

May 24, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have some questions and i hope you can help me with that.
I have Zichario Zivkovic in my Burnley team.
Is he an injury prone?
Generally, when a player fully recovers from an injury, it's recommended to give him few minutes to gain match fitness.
Since 20 minutes is the lowest time I can give him to play in the reserve, every time he recover from an injury I give him 20 minutes to play in the reserve until he is 78 80% match fit and then I choose the 45 minutes (this is how it works mostly in real life).
after I saw that he was injured 2 times while playing at the reserve, I thought trying to give him less than 20 minutes and i gave him 10 minutes but with the senior team, while I was winning by 2 goals I thought to give him some match fit after 80 minutes of the game.
He entered the game and 2 minutes later he is being knocked (that orange slight injured indication) and I subbed him.

I had another idea, since I know there are physiotherapist even in real life that their diagnostics isn't always accurate, I thought of giving the player 7 days of rest after he recover the injury.
At the end, I didn't gave him the full 7 days rest, because his condition was 93 and his match fitness was 74.
I noticed that his condition doesn't raise up, because he isn't match fit.
So I decided to recall him back to training (because there is no affect for him to be in rest when his condition doesn't raise up).
When I enter the player report I got this:

View attachment 264020

This is his injury history (he joined my team at 15/16):

View attachment 264015

now according to the report he is unhappy for being recalled to training lol (not a big deal), now he is injured for 2 weeks, and not one day as the last screenshot indicates.
My training focus is on: balanced.
intensity: average.
View attachment 264003

I have another question about other strikers:
Since Zivkovic is an injury prone I decided to bring another striker to the team, Paulo Dybala.
not sure which role to give to my strikers, they have 1 great game maybe with 1 or two goals which is good, but in the other matches they can't even perform well, I don't care about the goals, performance for me is much important.
I decided to switch his role to false 9 and still he doesn't perform well (at least not as I expect from his attributes).
I know that a player can't perform well all the time, but this one is unacceptable:
View attachment 264000

When I just started to play this specific game I use to download some tactics, but now I wanted to play like I love to, so I decided to create my own.
It does worked out, I always in control of the game, but seems like lack of goals can let me down, my striker's are good, but I'm not sure why they can't score some 100% chances.
I started to play with Dybala as complete forward on support (it was a mistake maybe), now i changed it to false 9. (I have 2 inside forwards).
My midfield does superb job when it comes to creating chances.
The strikers morale is always high since I keep giving them more confidence by warning them for poor performance or giving them good feedback on their good performance.

I have 4 strikers now and I think to play with 2 strikers instead of only one (due to lack of goals scoring).
I have:
Carlos Fierro
Paulo Dybala
Gabriel Barbosa
Richairo Zivkovic (which is injured as I mentioned before)

I need some advice's with which role should I give them when I'm playing with them as 1 lone striker or and which role set them when I'm playing with 2?

I'm sorry for typing so much and there is much to read, I wanted to be more specific.
Since English isn't my main language, I'm sorry if there is any grammar mistakes.
I hope to get some help here.

Thanks in advance,
Michel

zJordan

Jul 25, 2013
After sustaining all those injuries I suppose his injury proneness attribute (1-20) has gone up. I think when it says "might have problems with injuries" I would say it's between 10 - 14 or so... not entirely sure. I don't find the attribute to be very sensitive neither.. I would just throw him back into playing and sub him when his fitness becomes low.. just keep doing that.

SLB4everPT

Mar 3, 2014
I ******* hate injury proneness, I would take an inconsistent player for an injury prone player anyday. On a City save, I managed to just play David Silva for 6 matches in a whole season. He got injured in the first match, went out for like a century, when he finally got rid of that injury, nearing the end of the season, put him on for just a few minutes to gain fitness, in a couple of matches he always had to go out with injury. I popped a (virtual) bottle of champagne when I sold him, in two seasons he played 30 matches, god. Just sell him and move on. There will be a regen better than him eventually, anyways.