Players that surpsied you with how good they are despite thier attributes

god7father

Reaction score
I was curious to know what players have you taken a chance on, in the top divisions, which have really surprised you with how well they played. So I am talking about players that when you see their attributes you say these guys suck LOL BTW I am not talking about under 23 year olds who are still developing.

lloyd dyer leiscter (sp) he has 11 dribbling his only notable stats are 18 pace. yet played amazing for me.. even when promoted to BPL. heck he was in my starting 11 when i played in the cl final against barca.

Jay Rodriguez I bought him from Burnley for backup I gave him a chance and he was flurishing he got 6 England caps in the progress scoring 5 for them and his finishing and Composure ended up going up to 18 what made him even more lethal he ended up keeping his place in my team and kept noticable strikers out. Same goes for Steven Fletcher great complete striker...

Jorge Fucile... His attributes are a bit... Meh... For a big club at least. But he's doing surprisingly well. And he only cost me ?1.1m.

Davide Petrucci even though he is still under 23 ...but his potential is 2stars and he plays way better than that in my Roma team..and he cost me 0m pounds lol

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas. He won English Footballer of the Year for me in 2013-14 on my Ipswich save, had 22 goals and 10 assists in the Premier League. Couldn't believe it.

He plays well as a poacher, but I had my best luck with him as an inside forward at AMR. His shoots with power PPM seemed to be the key because he just kept cutting in and launching rockets into the top left corner.

Libor Koz?k - Striker from Lazio. Usualy thrown away into the reserves, you can get him for around 2-3 million in the first year. 16 finishing and 20 heading, works wonders as a poacher or target man.

Gabriel Obertan in my Celtic save. Got the best player in the Champions League award when I won the Champions League. Signed for around 5 million, sold for 25 :D

El Sharrawy always seems to get 7.3+ regardless of his retardedly low physicals and techicals....

Currently I'm using a CB from Mexico called Kristian Alvarez.
Got him for free in 2014/2015, and despite being only rated 2 stars he is a rock-solid defender, worst season average of 7.14 and Mexican National Team starter with 45 CAPS at the moment.

Hugo Mallo, my best RB in Sampdoria, for six or seven years now.
Julian Luque, few patches later I managed Granada and Luque was outstanding as a Inside Forward on the left side. However, his attributes deteriorated after releasing last patches.

Gareth Ncaca in my MP black aces save, guy scored a few messi like goals, dribbling past 3+ players
Sylvester Igboun scores for fun and his composure and decisions are awful

Charlie Mulgrew - Celtic: signed him for around 6m and has performed consistently well every season for me!
Jan Chramosta - Mladla Bolelsav: Very quick and high flair, low composure/finishing etc but still scores goals for fun
Donny Neyra - Alianza: Good stats and very versatile, scores screamers as well!

Currently I'm using a CB from Mexico called Kristian Alvarez.
Got him for free in 2014/2015, and despite being only rated 2 stars he is a rock-solid defender, worst season average of 7.14 and Mexican National Team starter with 45 CAPS at the moment.

Can't find him! are you using a huge database of have the Mexican leagues activated? Is the spelling correct?

Adam lallana. Got 15+ assists in the 3 seasons with me at Southampton. I changed to man city. Signed him there. Got 21 assists in his 1st season

Jermain Defoe. Tons of strikers out there with significantly better stats, but JD has always been guaranteed 25+ a season for me.

kevin grosskreut have average technical skills but i guess his mental and physical makes up for it and always raking up double digits in goals and assists for my dortmund..keeping gotze out of the left wing too

Thorgan Hazard. Signed him in my Southampton save. Consistent performer even winning Young player of the season one year. 5 years on I moved to Chelsea and made sure to bring him with me. Still doing well.