Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkchisl

Reaction score
OK so I just loaded my game up and tried to play my semi final league cup match against west brom. I am currently playing with arsenal....So easy win you'd think.....wrong!! lost 2-1??

Now my team have been playing awesome over last the ten matches, i just won manager of the month, one of my players just got goal of the month, one came third too. I have a great squad. My harmony is excellent, confidence is sky high, my morale is excellent and none of my team have any issues with me or each other. So why could i not beat them??

I don't see how my tactics can be at fault as we fashioned far more clear, even simple chances than they did.
The only difference seemed to be, is when we got clear a chance none of my players seemed like they wanted to score. Their shots were too weak or too hard, at the keeper or over the bar or just passed the post.

So i can only put this loss down to one thing the players didn't really want this!!

But i do!!!

So how can I ensure they start putting chances away? I mean it was like they'd been payed to throw the game it was that strange....there must be a way to stop this??
I'd love to hear your opinions or if you've experienced the same how you turned it around??

dude its football, i beat chelsea 3-1 then i lost to Burnley and West Ham the next two games! it happens, you just need to get on with it :D

That's just football, mate.
Be more expectant of your guys against weak opponents, that's about the best you can do.

Sometimes you just loose to the underdog. If it were a case of "strong team always wins" there's be no point to playing the game - real life or FM.

Just lost to 1860 Munchen 1-0 while being 1-10 favorite, than hammered them two days later 6-0 in the cup.....

Best example I can give probably is CL final 1999, with Bayern dominating United throughout, but then they score two goals towards the end. These things happen. Lucky that it was only the Carling Cup and not a CL final ;)

I hear what you guys are saying but i have to say i just don't buy it!!
There has to be a better reason than that. Maybe I am over reacting a little but i just cant understand how? My team, a team of such good quality would waste and squander every chance in a game against such poor opposition. If I lost to a champ league smaller team i could right that off, but not west brom. I mean come on!!

like the others said, thats football, there is no wonder tactic that will win you every match, the game would be pointless then.

post in here if you want to moan some more: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f71/post-your-frustrations-t22565.html

If you really want to go in depth with your tactics then try the TT&F http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/tactical-theorems-10-t22250.html

A good team talk can change a game if you are struggling agaisnt poor opposition: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/woifsongs-teamtalk-guide-t29092.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.