Reaction score
I'm playing with Steaua in 2nd season with 3/4 of the team unhappy, requesting to be put on transfer list. They've been bugging me for over 1 year to move to bigger clubs. I've promised them to give them the chance to test their skills in uefa CL. Now I'm 1st in a group with RM, OL and Porto. Beat OL away, Porto at home 6/6 points, having next game with RM away. And 5 players just requested transfer because I haven't improved the club stature. Seriously FM..
2012/2013 Won the league and got knocked out by Athletic in UEFA League 2nd knockound round. Club stature went up 16 places. And players get upset for rejecting bids from clubs in 2nd french division

Any way to keep them happy? Because this is ridiculous. :D

Last edited:
tell them they can achieve w.e and if they soo no get the best possible deal for them and sell them:)

If you can fetch in good money for them. Sell them and bring in cheaper replacements.

Nobody is irreplaceable :D (unless its Messi or Ronaldo) :p

Finally got a cold water shower from Real. Got beat 3-2 away. The entire game I was drooling at the opposing team playstyle and passing. So much for Steaua fan :D. Still we did a good impression. And Ronaldo whining as always :D

They're much better than in the standard game.. Bringing replacements of equal qual it's impossible.
I started with an edited database with each player reflecting it's real life actual quality and potential. They're much better than in the standard FM game. Esp Bourceanu, Pintilii, Latovlevici, Chiriches, Popa and Iancu.
Lato is one of the best DLs in Europe right now, Popa has HUGE potential. I bet half my next years pay he'll be one of the best AMRs in the future. Same with Chiriches and Iancu. Bourceanu reminds me of Gattuso, just almost quite as good. Maybe next season, who knows. The whole team improved tremendously over last season. All the above are better than the games they did vs Chelsea. (we lost 3-2 on aggregate). And they're all set on making a good impression in UEFA CL next season.

Agree that it is but unfortunately, the game is not smart enough to see that you are indeed on the verge of getting great results, perhaps getting to the semifinals in the CL (?), but instead, it looks at what you have indeed achieved which is the following

- Winning the title in a league with a much lower reputation and standard than the players moaning
- Not getting results in the Euro League
- Not yet qualified for the next stage in the CL

Whilst your club has indeed raised in stature, the players reputation has probably rasied even more. In real life, players would not get upset at this point as they should be having the time of their life and should only want to leave at the end of the season and make a deal with you that they should get a promise to be sold at the end of the season in a mutual " big club release" understanding but FM cant recognize this ( would probably be impossible to get that kind of coding correct).

EDIT: Reading your latest post, then it IS their edited quality that makes this happen. They are just too good to be playing at this level.

Instead, I would try to talk to them and say something in the lines of " This club is making progress and its important that you stay etc etc". Naturally, it would depend on their CA/PA and ambition if they should decide to stay. If they are wonderkids with a really high Potential Ability that you have snapped up, then they should want to leave as no matter how well you do, they would like to play in a better league.

Last edited:
I play with CFR Cluj and had the same problem with Nicusor Stanciu in 2018/2019. I promised him we will win the EL in 2 years, and i managed to do it the same season he got unhappy. A lot of luck, i don't deny it, but the guy is now happy and no longer wants to leave.
Do the players who want to leave are the ones you modified?

Yeah. Seems no matter what you do you can't beat your League stature.
Yes and no. I've modified only a few. The ones above. And for some of them not even something serious. Except Popa and Lato who were hugely under-rated. Popa doesn't even want to leave.

Last edited:
As i said before, i managed to keep Stanciu, who is an amazing player (started the game before January update), but i lost 2-3 regens who had great potential. 1 because his agent would not agree on a contract with no minimum release clause, and the others because larger clubs wanted them. I had to sell my best defender to Inter. Now he warms the bench for others.
When they want to leave, it's better to let them. I rather have a happy team, than one of mercenaries :D

I wish they would take out player converstaions, there useles.

I'm managing Estoril in Portugal, I finished 5th in the league and made the taca de portugal final, loosing to Braga on pens in the final.
At then start of second season, Elizeu, Diego Roccha and Evandro all wanted bigger clubs.

spoke to them and said I intend to qaulify for the Euro League, they were happy with that(im in the comopetion anyway. They still moaned about a month later so I sold them.

Diego Roccha went to Athletico Minero (brazil)
Evandro went to Braga
Elizeu went to Austria Viennia

There not really bigger clubs, all of a similar level to Estoril, I ended up finishing 6th in my second season and Braga finished 7th :)