Players wanting to leave due to relegation

Mikew

Reaction score
Is there anyway of getting of this going throughout a season and improving morale?

Is it best just to get rid and how much of an effect does it have on games if they do play?

depending on their personalities it may be hard to motivate PL players to give all in the championship, but players complaining usually doesnt last very long. Players have VERY short attention-span or memory in FM.. they go from demanding to leave to signing new contract in 3-4 months.

Players have VERY short attention-span or memory in FM.. they go from demanding to leave to signing new contract in 3-4 months.

I had this in my latest save, a player wanting to leave for a bigger team before we got promoted a couple of months later... upon which he demanded a new contract for his good form.

I'm sure it was a bug of some sort, but I'll take it. :p

Yeah does seem quite hard to motivate certain players, coming into January now has improved slightly but some really poison it seems with no improvement.

if you tried to talk to them and it didn't help then I'm afraid the only what's left is selling them

NEVER sell players because they want to leave, only sell them because YOU want to! Ignore them and sooner or later (especially when no transfer window) they forget about it and calm down.

You will have to ride it out for a while and they will have poor morale for quite a while, but like Manumad said in the end they'll give up moaning

I'd sell the lot of them and use the money to build a better squad. They've already proven themselves not good enough for the division above and you can bring in younger players with greater potential, including loan signings. But the others are right - if you keep those players and play them, they do tend to settle down once the transfer window has closed.

Great if your the buying club though, I got funes mori for cardiff in my second season for £2m and Craig Dawson for £1.6m after Everton and west brom went down in the first season. Stones and Lukaku went dirt cheap as well so I wasn't the only vulture circling!