Players with a "competitive streak"

xtremeRED

Reaction score
There are a number of players you'll find in the game who have a competitive streak.. Most of them have a higher aggression rating, low composure etc, and often pick yellow cards, senseless ones.. and also at times pick up the red jeopardizing the team's chances..
even if the instructions are for them to stand off, not to jump into tackles etc, I have seen a few players picking up a yellow per game, or something close to that.

I am asking what do folks do with such players, irrespective of their talent.. do you prefer to sell them?
I for one sell them sooner than later, and prefer having a team with more composed players..

You can "fine" them when they receive red cards, it should reduce their "Aggression" attribute

I tend to stay away from players with competitive streak. i have give them fines but it doesn't seem to work

There are a number of players you'll find in the game who have a competitive streak.. Most of them have a higher aggression rating, low composure etc, and often pick yellow cards, senseless ones.. and also at times pick up the red jeopardizing the team's chances..
even if the instructions are for them to stand off, not to jump into tackles etc, I have seen a few players picking up a yellow per game, or something close to that.

I am asking what do folks do with such players, irrespective of their talent.. do you prefer to sell them?
I for one sell them sooner than later, and prefer having a team with more composed players..

Competitive streak has nothing to do with the visible attribute, but with the Dirtiness hidden attribute. Higher his dirtiness, the more 'competitive' he's willing to be, i.e. dives, trying to use his hands, etc. It can be good depending on how you play. Yes, ideally no one should cheat but it will happen from time to time. The more prominent dirty players will be aggressive, but it's more a correlation than causation. Dirtiness in tandem with Sportsmanship and Temperament is what generally governs the yellows/red from diving, violent tackles, etc than Aggression and Composure.

Comes down to how you play, if you want to really emulate Simeone or Mourinho's Inter, then you may want those competitive players.The more abrasive you want to play, Dirtiness acts as a positive modifier at the risk of cards.A dirty, unsporting player is good in an abrasive system.

However, if you don't want to be abrasive and want your best players always available you'd want to avoid Dirty/'Competitive'/Unsporting players. Either way, you want them to have high Temperament.

You can "fine" them when they receive red cards, it should reduce their "Aggression" attribute

Fining a player affects their Temperament stat and not their Aggression stat. You can be aggressive and not lose your cool, however Aggression does increase the risk of cards indirectly as more aggressive players will be more willing to get into tackles. More tackles means a greater likelihood of getting a card, but Aggression by itself doesn't directly cause increased cards. If you have an aggressive player who has good Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, and Decisions they'll get less cards than an equally aggressive player with lower stats in the other attributes. However, fines are generally only effective when they are justified and the player is professional enough.

it's the competitive streak I am more worried about, not just aggression..
you would be certain that a player who has a competitive streak is a game or half away from earning a yellow or a red card!

Once on a yellow early into the game, I tend to cross my fingers and hope they don't commit another stupid foul to earn them another yellow.. after half time / 60 mins I would sub them, but those subs are a waste as I generally consider a couple of subs when selecting teams so as to bring young players in for experience, but these forced changes due to players picking yellow or red cards is pita!

Well I have two competitive streak players(Perparim Hetemaj and Sven Bender) in my squad and both of them has A LOT of cards. Perpa has seen straight red card once or twice Bender 0 times.

They don't usually get 2 cards in game if they get a card in game and I don't want sub him off I just told to him "calm down" works well.

I use them cause they're important piece of my tactic cause their BWM role and I think it's too that role why they get a lot pf cards. So I'm not too upset cause I did know what's coming when I signed them.