Players with less than a year left of their contract?

craiigman

Reaction score
So I've been looking at players who don't have long left on their contracts as this style has help me in the past. I think on FM11 there were a lot of good players who only had a year left when the game starts up. I also got Bocchetti on a pervious save before the transfer update.

So I've had a look and there are currently 4 player in their last year of contract that I want, well theres a couple more, but can't have too many in one position!

3 of them are youth players: Martins Indi, Giliano Wijnaldum and Opa Nguette. The other would be a perfect signing for me, which is Morgan De Sanctis of Napoli in goal. Reason it's perfect is that he's a little better than Szczesny but not by so much that he'd force Szczesny out of the team. Also has a lot of experience which will help Szczesny in my opinion.

But my question is: How do you make the players aware that you're interested that they won't sign a new deal before there's only 6 months left and you can sign them?

Should I say something to the press about them?

I have all 4 on my wanted list as transfer type "end of contract" I don't know if that helps at all?

Declare interest through press than every month till you can offer him a contract keep praising him through press.He will sign for you than.

Declare interest through press than every month till you can offer him a contract keep praising him through press.He will sign for you than.

Wouldn't interest in their player make the club think more about offering them a new contract though?

Wouldn't interest in their player make the club think more about offering them a new contract though?

If the club wanted to give them a new contract, and the player in question wanted to sign, it wouldn't get into the last year of an existing deal.

If the club wanted to give them a new contract, and the player in question wanted to sign, it wouldn't get into the last year of an existing deal.

I guess that is true. I have said to the press that I'm interested in them all and got positive feedback from all of them! Only problem is my wage budget is low at the moment. Can hopefully shift Arshavin since his wages could pay for all 4 players!

Thanks for the tip

They will wait for your offer and if you are the bigger club they obviously will reject the offer the club gives them.They will wait till december to get in touch with you and if you give them what they want as wages than they will sign up with you.