dave256

Reaction score
Aggghhhhhrrr I'm very close to just quitting this thing. You'll be 3-0 up at half time and then your team just completely stops what they were doing. I've been playing FMC and so it's not down to team talks or anything. They just stop tackling!!! Countless times now I've watched my players just run alongside the opposition as they stroll through my team. I'm playing as Spurs and so Sandro, Dembele, Capoue and Paulinho all have decent tackling. I have close down less (to keep them in position) but tackle harder to encourage them to tackle, but always get the same frustrating result...

You actually need close down more otherwise they just stand off and wont go in for the tackle.

you could use a more agressive strategy, to increase their mentality and agressivness. Stay away from player instructions, and rather order them to stand off in team instructions, combined with deeper defensive line.

I use 3-2-3-2 tactic, the DMs positioned right in front of the defenders, one BWM (defend) and one Regista (support) My team orders are fluid, balanced, shorter passes, hassle opponents, much deeper defensive line. Works like a dream and my team tackles too :)

I use Hassle opponents and Get stuck in, with Opposition Instructions (OI) set to:

Closing down: Always
Tackle: Normal
Show onto: Weaker foot

You can use the shift key to apply them to multiple players at once to make it quicker.

If I'm up against a top team, I change tackling to Hard - likewise if my team are proving second best during the match. I don't have particular problems with discipline, but I'm quite advanced into my save now and have some excellent players.

Remember that if you or the opposition change their formation, you have to re-apply the OI.