Playing a deep-lying and an advanced playmaker in the same midfield?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in my third season with Arsenal, and I'm currently utilising a 433 system as follows:
-------------Szczesny
Chambers(CWB/A)--Varane--Balanta(both default CB setting)--Kurzawa(CWB/A)
-------------Samper (half-back/defend)
------Ramsey (APM/S)----Pogba(DLPM/S)
Sterling (IF/A)-----------------Depay(IF/A)
---------------Berardi (F9)

I was just wondering if it's possible to have both an advanced playmaker and a deep-lying playmaker together in the same midfield? I appreciate that they operate in slightly different areas of the pitch, but I wasn't sure if it would limit either player to have to share playmaking responsibilities.
There are other roles I could give them, but these roles seemed to suit them best based on their stats, which is why I initially opted for it.

Both players are playing well (just above 7 average rating for both of them), but I'm wondering if it's possible this set-up is stifling them (?)

If anyone has any feedback (either for this question or for my team as a whole), I would really appreciate it :)

I'm playing a similar way but with a roaming playmaker . Try putting your adv mid onto attack

Okay, I will give that a shot! Thankyou :)

So the roaming playmaker doesn't stifle the other playmaker that you have?

I've won fa cup and 7th then 5th with Fulham and in top four in 2019 so I would say its working

I would suggest a dlp instead of halfback, support or defend, above him APa or CMa and next to him BWMs, CMs, BTBs or RPs

So, for example, Samper as the deep-lying playmaker, Ramsey as an attacking advanced playmaker, and Pogba as box-to-box?

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think it's better to have Samper as the deep-lying playmaker? I think it's the position the suits him best, but I figured a half-back would allow the centre-backs to spread a bit more - covering the channels and allowing the wing-backs to push forward with more freedom (?)

So, for example, Samper as the deep-lying playmaker, Ramsey as an attacking advanced playmaker, and Pogba as box-to-box?

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think it's better to have Samper as the deep-lying playmaker? I think it's the position the suits him best, but I figured a half-back would allow the centre-backs to spread a bit more - covering the channels and allowing the wing-backs to push forward with more freedom (?)

I guess it could work with a halfback aswell...