Playing all pre-season friendlies away from home for better pitch during season?

zindrinho

Reaction score
or is that complete OCD behavior?
Since you can monitor the condition of your pitch I'm thinking SI must have added variables that either helps or ruins your pitch..?

oh, important detail I left out: I'm manager in the Norwegian premier div, season starts in late march and friendlies in jan/feb when its still winter, often rain or snow during pre-season which is why I'm thinking playing at home will/can rough up the pitch.

Your supposition sounds logical, would be interested to have confirmation though.

To be fair I've always played pre-season abroad with the last game at home..

It should help, but it depends on the recovery and deterioration rate for the pitch as well. Those two determine how quickly the groundstaff can get it back up to tip top shape and how much damage ot takes from games and practices (if your team practices on the pitch as well).

The only way I know how to see those attributes are in the pre game editor and I don't know if they are static or not.

I really don't see that playing friendly matches at home have any significant impact at the pitch conditions

I really don't see that playing friendly matches at home have any significant impact at the pitch conditions

my thoughts was that because its winter in Norway during pre-season the pitch isn't ready yet, there's half a foot of snow all around.
This is a problem in real life in the norwegian leagues.

you can see your pitch condition under facilities, maybe I'll try to play all at home next season and try to pay attention to any changes..

I was managing Kristiansund in both 2nd and 1st leagues of Norway. I played pre-season friendlies at home to get some more money coming in through gate receipts. I never had any issues with the pitch to my knowledge.

did you by any chance check if expenses for ground maintainance rised? that was my other concern, I know it can costs a couple hundre thousand GBPs to get the pitch ready for some teams here when they get home game in the 1st round/game day.