Playing an AMC, is it worth it?

Montanaro

Reaction score
As the title states, is it worth playing an AMC? Mine usually do well over the course of the year, but they almost always have bad first halfs and I always have to tell them there is no pressure. They usually get scores of 6.0 or 5s even, until I talk to them at half. I just hate having to fiddle with him all the time despite my AMC always being some of my statistically best players and often times older experienced players.

I play a 3-2-2-1-2, would I be better served moving him up as a 3rd striker?

To be fair, I think in FM10, AMC's have more of an influence - For example, when playing Gerrard there in my first 2 games, he scored and assisted but then injury struck so I put Benayoun there and he is scoring for fun (4 in 4 in the league). So yes I would say it is worth it, also because they provide a link between midfield and attack. With the new touchline instructions as well, I think this helps no end. (I set my AMC as playmaker because it is Gerrard so everything goes through him).

Hope it helps.

This is in the FM2009 board so if it is different on FM2010 why does that make a difference?

This is in the FM2009 board so if it is different on FM2010 why does that make a difference?

i get the feeling alot of people are gonna start thinking everyone is now talking bout FM10, on the point at hand AMC's i dont use them that often so i cant give any good advice with your formation is prob best (if your not allready) to tell the players to pass through the middle and (also if your not allready) set your players as play makers or maybe even target men the only other thing i can suggest is changing the player settings to make them play the way you want, as i said i have never rlly used AMC's so my advice prob dont help much :)

Yea you're spot on Striker. With me on FM-base, i just go straight to new posts via fm-base.co.uk/forum so I didnt actually see what game this was on. Apologies.

it is worth playing a amc in fm10 but not 09 as the amc bug is there which sucks

I don't think it's much of a bug, I mean my AMCs do OK, you just have to pamper them all the time. But it just seems like I'm wasting a position on AMCs. I like having an AMC in theory, but do you think it would be better to put him as a ST with medium mentality so he falls back into the space the AMC usually occupies?

Maybe I'll set him as a playmaker and give him the ball a bit more.

I gotta admit to being dumbfounded by the "bug", my AMC's rarely get over 8, even when they're doing great. Really annoying as my 4-2-3-1 tactic is quite solid apart from that "little" niggle.

thats really interesting, i play 4-2-3-1 as well..... whats this 'bug' that people keep mentioning with regards to AMCs?

My AMC wasn't performing very well either on my PSV game (last time I used a tactic with an AMC) but then I changed his instructions almost by accident to go forward a lot and set his mentality to so attacking as possible and then he did get forward a lot and scored several goals from crosses. And I also gave my FCd a free role and instructed him to run with the ball a lot so he was actually more of an AMC than my AMC. And the AMC was Bernardo who took all the free kicks so scored quite a lot and thanks to that had a high rating. The strikers were usally Marquinhos and Laurito.

AMC's are brilliant in FM 2010,ive got Gary O'Neil (pretty average) playing there for Boro and he's got 10 goals in his first 7 games so far.

Last edited:
ACM's look immense on FM10, I've got Kevin Prince Boateng for Portsmouth there and he's scored 6 league goals in 10 games and got 8 assists.

Yea AMC's are really good this time around - Benayoun 4 in 4 :)

nothing wrong with AMCs in FM09 I signed Mattias Fernandez for Liverpool he plays amc in a 4231 formation he was my 2nd top scorer behind Torres,and voted the Premier Leagues top signing of the season

As the title states, is it worth playing an AMC? Mine usually do well over the course of the year, but they almost always have bad first halfs and I always have to tell them there is no pressure. They usually get scores of 6.0 or 5s even, until I talk to them at half. I just hate having to fiddle with him all the time despite my AMC always being some of my statistically best players and often times older experienced players.

I play a 3-2-2-1-2, would I be better served moving him up as a 3rd striker?

I understand what you mean, I havn't tried pampering them though. I use Hancuryahudi's V7 tactic that has an AMC and whoever I play there doesn't get high ratings. One time Rooney played there against Arsenal away and got 2 goals 1 of which was from 35 yards out and they only rated him 7.7 whereas if my CM scored 1 goal from that range he got a 8.0

I hope they are better in FM10 though. But chances are I won't buy it until after January when I'm sure there won't be any bugs and what have you, and by then I will be sure I can run it as I might need to upgrade my HD.

Rushden & Diamonds

Nice diamonds team mate!!!!

i am gonna try it on my brum story, will be interesting to hav a look how lee bowyer works out there

Simon Vuckevic is a good AMC and only costs £1.5M-£3M