Playing as the Favorite/Underdog Questions

JMocks

Go Spurs!
Reaction score
I'm learning as I go when it comes to tactics. I see some tactic creators have a way of playing home and away and being the favorite/underdog. Is this essential to winning in FM? When I'm the favorite at home, how should I be playing? When I'm the underdog at home, how should I be playing? Vice versa with playing away. Just trying to see what everyone thinks about this. Thanks!

In general it depends on the tactic itself. Most tactic creators who make home/away(or favorite/underdog) tactics is down to the fact that the tactics they've made are very attacking possession based tactics, which in general, does not work well when away due to players more likely to lose composure in such matches.

my opinion is you need to change the approach not the tactic, then all depends on how you like to play, but there are things you better keep in mind, playing at home as favorite most of the time you'll face the opponent waiting for you in his own half, you can play on the flanks as they will be narrow, you can play lower tempo as they will not hassle you and your players will have more time to pick the right pass, you need to hassle them to recover the ball instantly. playing away you'll be under more pressure so you need higher tempo and pass into space, as underdog you can exploit middle and stand off protecting the area :)