Playing as West Ham?

• Thread starter Thread starter Turnstyle
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 7K

Turnstyle

Reaction score
Is anyone else playing as West Ham on FM2010? Who have you managed to sign? I've only managed to get as far as the start of the domestic season, and still no takeover, though it's rumoured, does it actually happen??

Also, who is good enough from the reserves to warrent a first team place, except from the obvious stanislas, nouble, stech, spence etc?

Unfortunately only managed to make £1.5mil off Quasie...

I loaned (cost £1.1M) van der Vaart from Real M. and then requested extra funds. Got £4.3M and spend £2.7M for Martin Petrov (from Man City) and 550K for Martin Jiranek (from Spartak Moscow but he will join squad on 28 Dec 09). After 5 games: won 2 and lost 3 (in a row!). I do play 4-4-1-1. Any ideas how to play better?

1.5M for Quashie is loads. I signed for them Marco Bariotelli on a year loan from AC Milan. I got Kevin Thomson from Rangers. Mario Melchiot from Wigan, David Beckham on a free later on etc etc. P.S The takeover was going to happen for me as well but they never completed it.

I've signed loads of players on free's but none of them really have what it takes.. Beckham coming in January, might have a look at van der vaart and madrids other transfer players..

Need to sell a few players but not sure which to keep.. DYers not playing bad but could get rid of him and bring in a good left mid..

The board sold Spector for 2m. I spent 425K loan fee for Fleck. Sign Denilson, Sol Campbell, Sebastian Viera and Godwin Antwi on a free. Sitting 6th in the league in December.

Released Boa Morte and Davenport on a free to free up wages

Takeover still going on but it is only an internal takeover so not expecting a big transfer budget once it is completed.

I've just completed my first season as West Ham, I came 6th in the league!!!! Got a takeover in late december !!! I've signed van der vaart, david wheater, nicky shorey, ryan babel, aiden mcgeady, john fleck, carlos kameni.........and akos buzsaky (he's SSHH***TTTT though)

Got taken over by some Arab on my West Ham game. This was like at the start of August and I was given £20m to spend. I was really lucky though

I'm playing West Ham, and I've never had such an easy save.

Finished Second in EPL first season, now 5 seasons into it I'm the EPL Winner Twice, Champions League Winner, FA Cup Winner Twice, League Cup Winner.. Everything actually.

Trust me, do your first season with your current squad, they're good enough - get David Beckham on a free, get Ruud Van Nisteroy, Luis Jimmenz if you can for your AMC.

Try and push for Zapata in your second season - he is an amazing Defender. Chamakh, is quality aswell.

I'm in my 5th season and my players are amazing, with only a handful from my first season still in:

Seriously get a top 4 spot in your first season and you'll have a lot of cash to spend. We're currently the 15th Richest Club in the world at the moment..

That is the biggest cheat I have ever seen. West Ham can never achieve that. Not these days anyway.

fatshit its not a cheat its called a game mate it aint real life, cool down

fatshit its not a cheat its called a game mate it aint real life, cool down

Oh come on. Why post if you have clearly cheated in your game. Nobody gets more success with a relegation battle club over the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal. It really annoys me when people cheat in this game. What is the point? You're only cheating yourself.

HAHA

I'm a cheater?! That's hilarious! It's called being good at this game, using the tactics that work well with your squad - would you like me to post my achievements, previous transfer markets?

I'm insulted you call me a cheater, purely because I took a team I'm passionate about in real life and got the best of the players.

Idiot.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Oh and please do check the date, its 2013/2014 - we won the Champions League, EPL, FA Cup last season, and I had just over 80 Million to spend thanks to saving money from my previous season where we won the EPL (thats 40 million in 2 seasons thanks to EPL finishes).

That is the biggest cheat I have ever seen. West Ham can never achieve that. Not these days anyway.
Why should you care? It's not your saved game so you have nothing to worry or complain about. Leave him alone. He has already uploaded his tactic onto this site which I've used and it's class. You've got no evidence he's cheated so stop accusing him. Like Joe said, it's not real life.

I'm passionate about them as well but it doesn't compell me to cheat. Either you have hundreds of saves for your game or you used FMRTE, nobody gets that success with the Hammers. It simply isn't plausable with our squad or with our finances.

Thank you Max - and I'm extremely insulted that someone would even accuse someone of cheating due to their success.

And my Tactics are extremely worthwhile should anyone wish to use them (Links in my Signature) - they work extremely well with my squad as West Ham - I used Attacking/Defensive in my first 2 seasons and the High Scoring Attacking in my Third, Fourth and Current - and they work swimmingly.

And you don't carry 40 million over seasons. You don't get 40 millon at West Ham FULL STOP. Even with their success you would need a takeover to get those funds; a bankrupt bank isn't going to supply you with that.

I have no idea what FMTRE is for starters.

I've got Oxford to L1 in 2 seasons without trouble, and Chester in L2 in 2 seasons - I'm a good manager in my humble opinion and I create my own tactics which work well with my squad and team.

If you want to be good, you need to mix stuff around - Assistant Advice isn't always the best, sometimes you need to think with your head to get the wins you need.

I'm passionate about them as well but it doesn't compell me to cheat. Either you have hundreds of saves for your game or you used FMRTE, nobody gets that success with the Hammers. It simply isn't plausable with our squad or with our finances.
Just leave him alone mate. It doesn't effect you whether he has cheated or not. I'm sure you've had some saves before where you've completely over-acheived and can't believe your eyes. Everyone has them it's down to tactics and a bit of luck, you need a mixture in any save to succeed.

Back