Playing in Germany is quite a change!

BBassic

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's just my game but I moved clubs from Brighton to some German second division outfit and the games themselves are a much more heated affair. It's rare for a match to finish without three cards for each team, minimum. They seem to be less sporting as well; not kicking the ball out when someone is down injured etc.

Anyone else seen this with the German leagues?

I agree with the OP.

Always enjoyed playing in Germany, competitive leagues.

I think the German league is much more interesting in FM than any other, because it is so unpredictable. In my saves, Bayern either dominate or all other teams get the chance to go big.

Then I need to play in Germany. I miss the card count of FM11, it felt more realistic (I think it was, but I'm not 100% I was shown the actual numbers of this to compare) and cards were actually something to look about. Now it seems like again a very easy thing to not have two yellows on a player. Still something that's possible, mind you, but when I get a yellow card I feel much more at ease.

Found through three years of FM that everything about German football is better than England.

Bundesliga is unpredictable, year in year out. Plus the regens that come out from their youth system are incredible. :)

Yeah I'm finding that too. It's FC Energie Cottbus I'm managing at the moment and I've had some astounding youth players coming through. I could play twenty seasons in England and never have a decent prospect come through the youth squads. In Germany they seem to fall out of the sky!

I agree with the OP.
g.gif