Playing in Greece

Montanaro

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm doing a rambling mans save. I got a job at National B Division's Panialakos.

Has anyone else ever managed in Greece? 3 non euro's is interesting (wish I could sell 2 on my team, but they just joined before I got there), and the reserve team is for Under 21's only.

yeah! i play only with greek teams :)
are you sure that this is the name of the team?

panaitolikos actually lol.

And it's not much of a rambling man's save as I've been there 6 years and turned down better jobs.

How do you get around the 5 non Euros rule and not having a reserve team? I've been signing a bunch of young brazilians, in hopes they can displace the other non european starters. It's high turnover, but it produces a lot of money.

I was at Panathinaikos on my current game(and want to go back). Getting round the 5 non-EU players wasn't that difficult, getting good enough Greek players was. I had 3-4 Brazilians who were definite starters and then some of the old guard who just kept performing like ****, the rest of the important players were from Europe or some older guys who had an EU passport as a second nationality . Kleber for example, signed for 8M at the age of 32 was one of my best players, helped me win the Champions League and then retired a year later and became the Brazil manager.

Only thing that bothered me a bit was having the 3 youth players in your team for the cup games, I had some good youngsters but I kept them in the youth team and then quite often they had played before the cup game on the same day.

I don't quite have the resources that tre(whatever) has, they are worth about 70 million I'm now worth 50.

I have to search for young talent, and for the first few years, good european regens weren't interested in me (and I couldn't afford the fees) so it was easier to go to Brazil and get promising players for 300-700K and pay them with peanuts.