ArneD

Reaction score
Hi there people!

On previous versions of FM I have on multiple occasions tried to create the Maldives football leagues, on that island nation of tropical atolls slowly being engulfed by the sea. It was never doable, but now with this new fancy editor I have succeeded! I've also already played my first season so it's pretty much tested and proved working.:$

This database includes:
- Maldives Dhivehi League (7 teams, compete for continental competitions such as AFC President's Cup, ACL, etc)
- A sub-divisional National Championship league which houses four regional leagues, the Uthuru, Medhu and Dhekunu (north, central & south) and the Male league, all comprising of 6 or 7 teams. The top 2 in each league qualify for a promotion play-off.
-Several cups, the Maldivian FA Cup (all teams), the Super Cup (FA Cup winner vs Dhivehi league winner) and the Cup Winner's Cup (weird name but it was already in the game:D) that pits all teams in the regional leagues against each other.

I have added all cities/towns/villages and stadia/playing fields of the teams outside the capital of Male to increase realism (they were all set to the national stadium there<)). I have also increased the level of youth facilities and support/attendances, as I concluded these were way too low after checking with the records of Maldivian clubs in the continental competitions as well as fan support. Play with other South Asian leagues such as India, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam etc on for the best experience.

I wasn't sure on how the proceedings were regarding stuff in the main downloads section, so I'll post it in here first. Anyhoo, enjoy!

http://rapidshare.de/files/49046807/Maldives.xml.html.

edit: Uploaded it in the correct section but it doesn't show.. Perhaps later on or something.

Last edited:
woah thanks, i would like this

i'll put it on here for you

Hi there people!

On previous versions of FM I have on multiple occasions tried to create the Maldives football leagues, on that island nation of tropical atolls slowly being engulfed by the sea. It was never doable, but now with this new fancy editor I have succeeded! I've also already played my first season so it's pretty much tested and proved working.:$

This database includes:
- Maldives Dhivehi League (7 teams, compete for continental competitions such as AFC President's Cup, ACL, etc)
- A sub-divisional National Championship league which houses four regional leagues, the Uthuru, Medhu and Dhekunu (north, central & south) and the Male league, all comprising of 6 or 7 teams. The top 2 in each league qualify for a promotion play-off.
-Several cups, the Maldivian FA Cup (all teams), the Super Cup (FA Cup winner vs Dhivehi league winner) and the Cup Winner's Cup (weird name but it was already in the game:D) that pits all teams in the regional leagues against each other.

I have added all cities/towns/villages and stadia/playing fields of the teams outside the capital of Male to increase realism (they were all set to the national stadium there