Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to start this thread, but anyways here goes.

Do you play a player in a position even if he's not accomplished or natural in that position? For example, Paul Scholes not an accomplished DM but his stats would mean he would excel there right ? Or does him not being accomplished there make him a worse player ?

As far as SI have explained it, the player Will suffer à penalty for playing away from his naturall position( the more akward it is to him, the bigger the penalty. Stats like positioning, decision, composure, concentration and anticipation are basilly lowered.

Dont threat this like hard facts though and I can be wrong about one Of the stats

Well, like real life, in my Everton save I've been playing Distin at LB as cover for Baines and he's been coping pretty well without any major problems, and played Hibbert as CB couple of times without problems also like IRL. But only did it when I really really had to.

Ok thanks, its a shame that it happens, you'd think only positioning would be affected

Eveything that has with experience Will suffer. The player is not used to the scenarios, hence his decision and anticipation is affected. ( i think it is also the off the ball but not Concentration though)

I constantly play players out of position and I find that sometimes players actually seem to play better. I find if you play certain strikers as inside forwards they play just as good if not better in that position. Jay Rodriguez at Burnley/Southampton depending on how up to date you are playing scored over 30 goals in the Championship for me playing as inside forward left. I also find certain wing backs develop into good wingers and certain defenders play well as defensive midfielders/anchorman. However I have never managed to find a plaer to play in defence if that is not his natural position. Also I have tried to convert wingers into centre midfielderslike Sir Alex has done with Ryan Giggs and had mixed success.

I like to always convert defensive mids to centre backs, one thing that annoys me though is how Jack Rodwell is ineffuctual in CB. He has the stats for it and he played there most his career till David Moyes thought h was better equipped as a centre back. I wish FM would make it easier for a player to learn a position if his stats would make him good there.

I like to always convert defensive mids to centre backs, one thing that annoys me though is how Jack Rodwell is ineffuctual in CB. He has the stats for it and he played there most his career till David Moyes thought h was better equipped as a centre back. I wish FM would make it easier for a player to learn a position if his stats would make him good there.

I actually find this pretty easy. Naturally, i Will have players that aint going to make it but these are often the same players that aint keen on tutoring either so they wont be à part Of My longterm plan anyway.

I tend to find if someone is natural, accomplished or competent in a position and the role they play suits them then they play well. If they are worse than that, they tend to get lower ratings and not perform as well most of the time. Take the United match vs. Everton this week because Carrick and Valencia were out of position in the defence and next to each other, Everton exploited the gap between them because Carrick and Valencia struggled to defend it.

When i search for a player, i always look for stats, not positions. Is a players has some good stats out of his position, i will train him in that position, although i had some issues with less professional players