aXKOTRT

Reaction score
Hi all,

I really like this game but unfortunately my tactical ability is really not something to be proud of.

I have been playing for a few years (not very well) and have a few specific questions I'm hoping you can help give some advise to get me thinking in the right way.

Firstly though to give you a bit of background... I play Liverpool as I find it more enjoyable playing my own team in real life. The typical systems I try to approach with are: 4-4-2, 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 so nothing unusual here. I like possession football but am not entirely sure of the little bits that make it tick. I would like to try and approach the game by using the youth system as the game states and feel the team needs another right winger and if possible a new striker but not essential with Suarez, Borini and Yesel if I play 1 up front.

As for my question (Unfortunately you guys I bet the first of many). :)

When I play tall physical teams I tend to have the most problems I am not sure how I should be countering them? A few things I try to do is get as many physical players as I can on the pitch, while not disturbing my attacking play to much, play the fastest wingers and strikers I have in order to beat them for pace at the back as they tend to have slower defenders and also play the most capable aerially/psychically defensive mid fielder I have available.

All that tends to happen when I do that is I fend them off for so long and then concede 1 or 2 and if I'm lucky nick 1. If I go more attacking as I can I'll either not play well or play well and lose 1-0 to most likely a set piece.

So I was just wondering playing one of the bigger teams (Media prediction 5th) how should I be approaching these games tactically? Recommended formations? Instructions.

Particularly though if you have ways of countering teams could you attempt to explain this to me?

Thanks for your help guys!

Cheers