if that's the case then start training it now but don't start using it yet as that way tehy should be familier with it before you need to use it.

that's a good shout I'll do that.
for the time being I'm doing what you said to do, because it seemed to be effective against Barca, even if we did lose, just need to take one of our chances and we could cause an upset at the Nou Camp

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

sammyt, karlloz, prakamos and GodCubed - Just played fenerbahce away from home and beat them 3-1! followed your tactical advice, played deeper at a slower tempo and on the counter, and despite going a goal down, we rallied and caused them real problems on the break with naysmith and dos santos, and lukaku as a fantastic target man. This was on the back of a tough game at Celtic as well, which we won 2-0!!! Really appreciate the help and it could be just what we needed!

I think I know which one I would believe :p
either way, he's a fantastic aerial threat and he proved it against fenerbahce cos it was his header that forced the o.g.

that's a good shout I'll do that.
for the time being I'm doing what you said to do, because it seemed to be effective against Barca, even if we did lose, just need to take one of our chances and we could cause an upset at the Nou Camp

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------[/COLOR]

sammyt, karlloz, prakamos and GodCubed - Just played fenerbahce away from home and beat them 3-1! followed your tactical advice, played deeper at a slower tempo and on the counter, and despite going a goal down, we rallied and caused them real problems on the break with naysmith and dos santos, and lukaku as a fantastic target man. This was on the back of a tough game at Celtic as well, which we won 2-0!!! Really appreciate the help and it could be just what we needed!
Glad it worked out mate, really nice scoreline there. Never easy playing a team like them at their home, and that's a pretty **** solid goal advantage.

I'nt that what Rangers did against Manchester United and Valencia, playing deep + slow and on the counter in the CL this season

I play with a 4-2-3-1 Formation in my Sunderland save, im at the first season and i always **** Liverpool for more than 3 goals, also i win 1-0 against Utd and im 1 in the premier with 23 games played..

That´s my formation:

----------------------------------------------Kameni------------------------------------
-----Danilo------------P.Jones--------------------------C.Zapata-----------Dodo

--------------------------P.Henrique------------------Annan----------------------------
------Gervinho--------------------------Carmelo---------------------Buonanotte

---------------------------------------------- Bent--------------------------------------------

thanks a lot xD was a great performance considering they have some brilliant individual players in the side such as Niang, Alex, Emre etc.. I played Sanchez (19 year old american regen) as a poacher first half because of his pace but it wasn't working so when I brought on Lukaku as a target man things turned around and we got a great result. with any luck we'll beat them at the ibrox next time round and that should see us into the knockout stages for the first time in my career :D

Deovoultcha - well I guess so yeah but they were holding on for a draw most of the time, where as we wanted to win. I didn't sit that far deep, just enough to restrict their creative players, not to park the bus..
Mantpro - that's impressive indeed, and a nice squad you've got there.. unfortunately I don't exactly have the financial muscle of Sunderland :L

Last edited:
Just thought I'd say that we qualified for the Knockout Phase :D
we drew at home to Fenerbahce which was a shame as we had a 2-0 lead (thanks to Webster mantpro!! :p) but we only needed a win then against Kalmar to qualify and we got it thanks to Cairney with two goals, Ralphy Sanchez with one and yes, you guessed it, Webster with the fourth :D
so thanks for helping me as it's the first time I've managed to qualify and hopefully your tactical info will be of as much use to people reading this thread as it was for me xD

Just thought I'd say that we qualified for the Knockout Phase :D
we drew at home to Fenerbahce which was a shame as we had a 2-0 lead (thanks to Webster mantpro!! :p) but we only needed a win then against Kalmar to qualify and we got it thanks to Cairney with two goals, Ralphy Sanchez with one and yes, you guessed it, Webster with the fourth :D
so thanks for helping me as it's the first time I've managed to qualify and hopefully your tactical info will be of as much use to people reading this thread as it was for me xD
What was the result of the Barcelona matches?

2-0 first leg and 4-0 second leg, cos I played a weak side at the nou camp ha

Congrats on the CL progression ,
When your playing strong teams , make sure you know their weaknesses and make sure to exploit it.
Also , ALWAYS get a Scout Report on the Next Opposition , and just tweak your tactics to counter-act the other teams style of play.

Or you could just kick them into the stand.

haha thanks alot everyone for all your help! I'm having a lot better performances now since this thread.

this season in my group I had Manchester City, Olympiakos and Bayern Munich. Olympiakos were beaten home and away, I drew to Bayern and City at home and beat them both away from home! then I went on to get this result:

View attachment 126088

Ridiculous stuff, but mostly thanks to help from this thread, so would just like to say Thankyou to you guys!