Stringerjoe

Reaction score
When i look at my team performance analysis i often find i am concededing within the box. Would turning off the offside trap help prevent this? My job may be on the line so i am a bit scared to test if it goes horribly wrong lol. I understand there are a LOT of different and contributing factors but are there any general rule of thumbs?

Do you play a high or deep line? And who are your defenders?

I'm personally not a fan of playing offside trap, but that's just a subjective preference. If your defenders are too slow and lack concentration it can be easily exploited.

What Revotsew said. Offside traps are best suited to a high defensive line and pacey defenders.
It may not necessarily be the offside trap though.
I presume you watch the matches. What kind of goals are you conceding?

Unfourtunley my graphics card does not allow me to watch the matches so it makes the data a bit tougher to interpret. However, from my performance analysis graphic it just seems that players with decent dribbling skills seem to be beating my defence on the offside trap. Honesltly, it's a fairly simple 442 and I'm really struggling stuck in the vanarama north. My defenders are a bit **** so maybe i should scrap the offside trap altogether and set their roles to limited defence. Have you guys had any success in lower leagues?