razu64

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am managing Liverpool and I have two great great AMC, Coutinho and Firmino and I would like to know if it's there a way to play them both at AMC with a Sturridge upfront? I really would like to play with 2 AMC.

So use 2 AMCs? You just need to think about space. Who's doing what. So consider the 3 up front, but also the midfielders behind them.

Yeha, but I mean I don't know how to get a balance, like if I wanna play with:

------------------------------------------Complete Forward Support -Sturridge----------
-----------------Advanced Midfielder Attack or Trequartista - Firmino---------Advanced Playmaker Attack Coutinho

Which roles for the 3 midfielder behind? How to play them? With a DM or nah?
And If I wanna play with 2 AMC, is it not equal to playing like a 4-3-3 if Sturridge is Complete forward support and the 2 AMC behind him are on attack ?

Sorry for my bad english

You can set it up in a million different ways. Obviously it's not going to be very clever to have all 3 too attacking. At the very least, 1 of the 3 should be holding his position to draw out defenders. Currently, Coutinho will in a way, but end up very advanced.

As for the 3 behind, again there's a million ways. It's going to depend on your exact setup up front. It's going to depend on who you have to use behind them. It's going to depend what you do with the fullbacks. There's no one way to do this.

Well, Firminho will definitely be more of a focal point, since he's given a playmaker role which will automatically draw more passes. From there, it's up to him to supply the other 2.

Does the team seem balanced to you? I want the AMC duo Firmino and Coutinho as the "base" of my team.

It seems like a strange formation with even stranger team instructions. Test it out though and see what issues you have? Not sure what you mean by 'base' of a team.

WJ - Firstly hello, your advice on these forums is brilliant and I really appreciate the time you put in to help other players so thank you.

Firstly on topic, I think he means he wants the AMCs to dictate tempo of the attack and be the primary chance creators.
Now for razu64 - Hopefully WJ will correct or affirm me on this as he is orders of magnitude better at the game than me, but from looking at your tactic two things stand out.

Your left back is leaving space that hopefully either Sakho can cover (leaving a hole in the middle) or more likely if hes in position Henderson can get to. This isn't a massive issue however if you are counter attacked down the other side with Milner on attack and Clyne primarily doing his best to take the ball and cut inside from an advanced position its going to leave you in a world of pain if they have a pacey AML. Lets play this out, AML is attacking, Clyne is likely chasing but was caught out of position, Milner is sitting miles away after the previous attack took him in to a really advanced position, so Matip is the man for the job, hes hauled *** and crossed over to cover the hole Clyne left in the defence that is being exploited, and Sakho has drifted centrally to cover the central defence while Matip challenges your opponents AML. Now at this point its an AML vs Matip down your right wing, in the event the player gets the cross in then it is Sakho vs their striker(s), if the AML plays it centrally to an AMC then you have nothing down your left side (their right) to stop a pass unlocking the flank and gifting the advancing AMR or STR or to be fair anybody that throws themselves in to the gap with a goal scoring chance.

I would change Milner to support duty, and Emre Can to CM as Box to Box possibly to get an extra guy back on that side but retain your attacking position with the regista on attack.

My two pence, hope I'm either correct and it's helpful or wrong and it leads to something that aids you. :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much musgrave and also WJ! You are great ! Gonna try with the changes both of you said. Gonna report you the result