WiffGiff

Reaction score
I have a small issue. First of all I can't make my playmaker work as a playmaker. I am playing with Inter, which I have played with for 5 seasons and I try to make Ganso to be my playmaker, who operates in CM in a 4-1-2-1-2. I have tried to make him roam, going into channels and alot of other stuff, like positioning him more in Centre, more upfront, deeper in the field and so forth. BUt nothing has worked.

He makes around 45 passes per game, which is similar to his collegues in the midfield. So its not too bad, but not exactly what I am looking for.

Fabio, my leftback, together with Neymar passes alot more, where the brazilians together make around 200 passes per game. Fabio passes the ball 80-120 time per game and Neymar slightly lower 70-90.

I dont know exactly why this happens or what to do about it. My team suppose to pass the bal though the middle but seem to alawys try to find Fabio or Neymar on the left.

Another thing is it doesn't matter if I set GAnso as a playmaker or not, he still gets the same stats.

My tehory is that the opponents double mark both GAnso and Neymar, which leaves the left back unmarked and therefor the AI passes him more, since Neymar is a Trequartista and float around he can easier get the ball with being upfront and drifting out to the left, and down the field.

Gansos problem is that he probably get marked heavily and since he's not speedy he can't get away from his markers easily. Since i play a heavy possesion game with a short short passingstyle the opponents rather give the ball to a unmarked player instead of a more marked player, even though that person is the playmaker.

I wonder if someone have noticed something similar, because the playmaker feauture have not really worked for me, not with Inter nor any other team. Ive seen that some other people get there playmaker involved very much, but just after several hours of tweaking it seems.

RIght now it seems more useful to either have Neymar or Fabio as playmakers as they already get the ball alot and have high ratings. And in general the flanks seems to be a soft spot since most teams I meet have terrible rpoblems to defend the flanks.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...discussion-creation-centre-hints-tips-20.html

when selecting playmakers you do not actually reap any benefit, its more negative than positive to be honest! Unselect the AMC as your playmaker! Your playmaker always gets closed down in Fm12.. its sort of pointless!

Just use the moves into channels/roaming and give him HIGH creative freedom with mixed passing, the high freedom also allows him to roam even further around the pitch looking for space/passes etc

fullbacks most of the time get the most passes in a possession tactic, read the link above, it may have a few things you have not thought about yet etc :)

good luck!

Thank you for your quick and useful answer!

Well you make sence with the playmaker setting, it seems quite unuseful. Saw one guy getting Xavi to make over 120 passes or something, but he had to put in alot of work to make him get the ball often and make alot of passes, more or less built a tactic around Xavi.

However playmaker setting on a defensive player, a trequartista seem more useful since those palyers seem to get the ball easier.

206250d1322550404-short-sweet%99-ajax-v-partizan-analysis_-analysis-.png

that is from my Ajax game using my Short and Sweet tactic :)

It is possible to get that many passes, but in doing so, you negate creating that many chances :) less passes - more chances, more passes - less chances, you have to find a balance!

Exactly that :)

YOur tactic with Ajax resembles mine when I play with Inter were the left side are dominant, instead of my Fabio/Neymar combo you have Anita/Pandev.

Is the left side getting more balls because of the fact that most players are right footed you think? Because I think that is a reason why it looked like in your case above. Unless you want them to play down taht side more often.

I think my other save with Shakhtar has a good balance with Shakhtar is quite good. THere I haevnt tweaked too much, 4-1-1-3-1 (One DM, and one CM) with Attacking mentality, Fluid philosophy, counter attacking and short passing game, but I havent changed the passing style invidually, I used the default one which works great in the league. I must have around 3-4 goals in average per game. So sometimes tweaking is not necessary, not in this case since I am not looking for a possesion kind of football with that team.

I tend to adjust the sliders accoring to their attributes, such as dribbling and through balls. If they are good at it then I let them do such things often. UNless i want to keep the ball within the team.