Revotsew

Reaction score
So all in all, my tactic's been working, I've been winning games which is the most important thing.

View attachment 327753View attachment 327752

As you can tell, the idea is that the AML sits narrow and lets the LB overlap, which happens well. The trouble is, the AML, no matter who it is, really doesn't do much! I was hoping that they'd be an integral part of the formation, threading balls through to the striker, winger and shadow striker.

In all competitions last season Munir scored 20 and made 14 assists, Sanchez scored 21 and made 17 assists and Hahn scored 12 and made 10 assists in 19 games. Ozil however, scored 2 and made 3 assists in 35 games.

I thought perhaps it was just Ozil, but Oliver isn't doing much better, he's made 4 assists so far this season but is my corner taker.

Is there something I'm doing that's making that position ineffective? The only 2 player instructions on it are sit narrower and more direct passing. Any help you's could give to get him scoring/assisting would be great! Would give me a very strong front 4.

AP in the wide positions doesnt really work in this years game mate, dont know why it just doesnt.

Ah right cheers, glad it's not just me or a silly mistake I'm making! I'll switch to inside forward and see what difference it makes. Thanks!

I find that IF works much better, especially with overlapping fullback.

I tried something similar with Isco as a wide AP and it went real damp for me too. On FM13 he was supernatural in that role for me, this year, no dice. :(

Well, you use a winger on the right, but don't have a striker with good heading, If you want to keep the winger and shadow striker, I would use complete forward support role instead of false nine...and you use roaming playmaker in CM positions, and there should really be a CMs or box to box. Adv play can work, if you use a less agressive team mentality. If you play more agressively, do not use an adv play, and use dlpd in your DM position. I dont see your mentality or team instructions so I have no idea what you are trying to do. If its possession, read this http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-tactics/179946-possession-football-guide.html

Well, you use a winger on the right, but don't have a striker with good heading, If you want to keep the winger and shadow striker, I would use complete forward support role instead of false nine...and you use roaming playmaker in CM positions, and there should really be a CMs or box to box. Adv play can work, if you use a less agressive team mentality. If you play more agressively, do not use an adv play, and use dlpd in your DM position. I dont see your mentality or team instructions so I have no idea what you are trying to do. If its possession, read this http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-tactics/179946-possession-football-guide.html

Munir scores quite a lot from crosses, his heading is 14 on mine which isn't too bad, although he's a bit on the short side. Gets a lot of volleys though, more just trying to utilise the fourth part of my attack cause at times it was just like playing with 10 men!

Munir scores quite a lot from crosses, his heading is 14 on mine which isn't too bad, although he's a bit on the short side. Gets a lot of volleys though, more just trying to utilise the fourth part of my attack cause at times it was just like playing with 10 men!

When I said a striker with no heading, I meant the role...To be more specific, primary attributes of the role. A false nine is not supposed to do heading, so he doesn't have it as a primary req. Advanced forward, complete forward and target man do...