FM Pro

Reaction score
Not sure if there's already a thread for this.

I rarely use the 'Playmaker' and 'Target Man' options in FM 13, just wondering if anyone has had better success with tactics using those two options, and who you'd assign the option too, say you're using a basic 4-4-2, would you use you're best winger? best centre mid? or one you're strikers?

Any answers would be appreciated as this is part of the tactic options that i'm unsure of.

Not sure if there's already a thread for this.

I rarely use the 'Playmaker' and 'Target Man' options in FM 13, just wondering if anyone has had better success with tactics using those two options, and who you'd assign the option too, say you're using a basic 4-4-2, would you use you're best winger? best centre mid? or one you're strikers?

Any answers would be appreciated as this is part of the tactic options that i'm unsure of.

Playmaker.

Normally, one would assign one of the central midfielders. Here,its all about the approach one is using. Either, you try to play a patient build up, then a deep lying playmaker is better

When trying to get the ball forward more quickly, then one is best of using an advanced playmaker. ONe can also use a Trequartista in the FC position ( naturally in the AMC to but here we are talking about a 442), a player like Totti. Here, its extrely important that you use a player that likes to come deep to get the ball and have players around him making moves from deep

Target Man

Here, it basiclly what is says on the tin. Against teams pushing up their defence, you can use one that has great pace and off the ball, giving him the supply of " run onto ball". If the opponent sist really deep and play compact, then I would perhaps not actually use one as the main focal point. Against teams playing "normal", one can use a strong player with settings to mixed or a more skillfull player moe settings " to feet".

Naturally, you can still use a player with the role of a target man/PLM without actually using him as one