mrlulz

Reaction score
Formation: 4-3-3

View attachment 178742View attachment 178741

>Here are my competition records this season with unrealistic achievements. I wish it didn't turn out this way so that the results don't look fake.

View attachment 178740View attachment 178739View attachment 178669

>First of all, you are not going to achieve this result anytime soon. I hope it isn't misleading.
1. This is my 4th season with Liverpool.
2. The tactic has been fluid since I started
3. I managed to get players like Pogba and Dybala onboard and
4. I have been lucky while winning a number of matches with a single goal or in extra time or because of extraordinary performances by my goalkeepers.

>Key Players:

-The Fullbacks-
Clyne and Moreno: They control the play most of the time the team plays wide. Look at their passing throughout the match. From the back all the way. I bought Jose Gaya only this season. He might turn out to be better than Moreno though.

View attachment 178732View attachment 178720View attachment 178719

-The Playmakers-

Pogba (or Yourie Tielemans): As Roaming Playmaker he receives the ball from the deep and moves forward, lurking outside the box looking for long shot opportunities and through balls while providing a passing/crossing option. He controls the tempo of the game.

View attachment 178731View attachment 178718View attachment 178717

Coutinho (or Lallana/Markovic): With extraordinary vision of the game (currently 19), Coutinho freely roams from his position and plays a number of key passes and creates a number of passes either as through balls (for the DLF, mostly) or crosses (for the CF, mostly).

View attachment 178730View attachment 178716View attachment 178715

Firmino (or Markovic/Ibe): On attack duty, he mostly operates in his side of the pitch and acts like an attacking midfielder during attacks.

View attachment 178729View attachment 178714

-Goalkeepers-

Rulli (or Timo Horn): Both of them singlehandedly stopped the opponents when I managed to scrap a narrow win just because they would stop each and every shot on target! 2 of the best goalkeeepers in the game- one at 6.5mn at e beginning of the game and the other on free transfer at the end of the first season.

View attachment 178713

>Average Positioning and Heat Maps against 3 different teams- Aston Villa (weaker team), Athletico Madrid (almost same stature but counter attacking) and Man City (same stature but possession based attacking):

View attachment 178728View attachment 178727View attachment 178726

>Team Stats (in League)- Highest Possession, Most Goals Scored, Least Goals Conceded, High Pass Completion Ratio.

View attachment 178723

>Corners/Freekicks: I never chose anyone specific to take the set pieces. But the Corner/Free kick routines are probably taken from Doombringer tactic.
>Training/Match Prep/OIs: Everything handled by Asst Managers (Tassotti, who is a scout in AC Milan at the beginning of the game)

Recommended Players (realistic targets for Liverpool):
- Yourie Tielemans (instead of Pogba)
- Timo Horn/Rulli
- Origi/Balotelli (instead of Dybala)
- Lallana/Markovic (Rotation/Backup for Coutinho)
- Markovic/Ibe (Rotation/Backup for Firmino)

Switch to Counter or Defensive mentality while playing with weaker teams, depending on how strong the opponent is.

Download: View attachment 178696

Last edited:
Looks like a very solid tactic.
i can give it a test with some other teams if you would like?

Looks like a very solid tactic.
i can give it a test with some other teams if you would like?

Ofcourse.
I am going to give this a try with some other team and then post the results here in a couple of days. (Is there a easier way to do it?)

If control doesn't work against much stronger teams, switch to Defending Mentality.

I will be glad if you can also improve the tactic where ever you think it is necessary.

Last edited:
Looks like a mirrored version of my Bizarro formation. Very effective formation, so I'm guessing this works well too!

So you play Pogba and tielemans in the DM position (RPM-SU)? Is the cm better with a more defensive minded player?

So you play Pogba and tielemans in the DM position (RPM-SU)? Is the cm better with a more defensive minded player?

I have PI that asks the goalkeeper to pass the ball to the nearest Playmaker. This is mostly to ensure that the DM comes deep, gets the ball and dictates the tempo (PP of both of them). It also keeps Firmino from coming deep instead of the RPM..

I haven't given any PIs to the Central Midfielder except for holding position because my midfield depletes wayyy too much when the WP-A moves forward. It did help me because Henderson (being a B2B midflieder is Jack of all trade and Master of none). He comes forward to score and tackles as well. Getting him 4 stars in a team with Coutinho and Pogba is something you get only when the player performs well.

Pogba often runs out of stamina. But I replace him with Tielemans every 3 or 4 matches.

Training, OI, Individual Training?

You can do individual training yourself. But since this is my third or fourth season into the game, I didn't want to manage everything.

As for OIs, Tassotti was my assistant manager in fm15 too. And most of my tactic worked defensively (thanks to his OIs maybe?) But showing weaker foot to the wide players help and tacling the Wingbacks harder help.