Bencullen1

Reaction score
Please see the attached picture, it would seem that some teams with a poorer league standing than myself have already been given playoff places, can anyone explain this for me.

Many thanks

Ben

Corruption m8! You didn't pay to the federation guys. Oh.. Dutch league? I thought this was the Portuguese or Italian leagues.

Dunno m8 :D

Dunno about the Dutch League, but I know in the second tier of Belgian football, there is a thing where the play off places are decided by who does best in three different periods of the league campaign. First place is automatic promotion, and then three play-off places. Frutratingly, it is quite possible to finish second on goal difference, be a few points clear of everyone else, and not qualify for a play-off, depending on how the other teams do at different spells. Didn't realise this during my first season with FC Brussels, and got wildly frustrated when I realised I had messed this up. I now know to check the league rules more carefully...

Dunno about the Dutch League, but I know in the second tier of Belgian football, there is a thing where the play off places are decided by who does best in three different periods of the league campaign.

This^.

At the end of each season, the champion of the Eerste Divisie is automatically promoted to the Eredivisie. Eight other clubs enter the Nacompetitie [ˈnaː.kɔm.pə.ˌti.(t)si], a promotion/relegation playoff that includes the 16th- and 17th-place clubs in the Eredivisie. The following teams qualify for the Nacompetitie:

• The club with the best record in the "first period" of the season (after 8 rounds).
  • The club with the best record in the "second period" of the season (rounds 9–16).
  • The club with the best record in the "third period" of the season (rounds 17–24).
  • The club with the best record in the "fourth period" of the season (rounds 25–32).
  • The four remaining spots are filled at the season's end by the highest-placed clubs that have not already earned automatic promotion or qualified for the Nacompetitie.
Sauce

Thanks so much for the info guys, it makes perfect sense now. Should probably read the league rules much more carefully.

I knew that someone amongst you would know, it seems the people on these forums know everything there is to know abou this game.

Cheers again Ben

As soon I saw your screenshot, I though that the team who got into playoff with best goal different? I'm just plain stupid as always :)