Please can some help on European Qualification from Irish Leagues

Reaction score
I am currently managing Wexford Youth in Ireland and wanted to know what it is I need to do to earn a Champions League Slot, I also manage Ireland aswell, (I have recently qualified for the Euro's 2016)...

Is it National success? Club success? League Rep? etc... And how can I affect these... Thanks

Well.. first and foremost you need to win your nation's top league. If your national coefficient is not high enough, you'll get the EUFA Cup instead. If you win the UEFA Cup, you get to play qualifiers for CL the next season. So in truth, you could need to advance into a 3rd season to get CL..

I actually don't know if Ireland has CL qualification/group stage directly from winning their top league.

I would have thought a league that low may get a place in the qualifiers of cl, similar to teams that finish 4th in epl.

Every nation in Europe has at least 1 theoretical CL berth (except Liechtenstein whose teams play with the Swiss but they could still theoretically get to the CL by placing in the Swiss Super League). Winners of weaker leagues just need to get through a lot more qualifying rounds. The most is 4 knockout rounds. The Irish champions enter in the second qualifying round so they'd have to beat 3 teams to get to the actual tournament.