PLEASE CAN SOMEONE BAN 'babaji85858'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFolio

Reaction score
Simple as the title says, not FM related but is spamming the discussion with some unrelated junk.

Everytime I log on here, Its full of these spam threads, They need more mods to cope with it, Makes me want to go elsewhere everyday.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it. We have tried several things to try and stop them, but so far have not had any luck.

I also noticed the other day that we are not the only forum to be hit by this annoying spam. Hopefully there will be a way to stop it soon

As mentioned, other sites are being spammed. Like Blizzard for example-and it's exactly the exact same spammer (I compared them) and they are struggling too. Annoying as s*** I know because we have to wipe them off the forums overnight through into morning, and you don't want to see it.

But we are doing what we can.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it. We have tried several things to try and stop them, but so far have not had any luck.

I also noticed the other day that we are not the only forum to be hit by this annoying spam. Hopefully there will be a way to stop it soon

As mentioned, other sites are being spammed. Like Blizzard for example-and it's exactly the exact same spammer (I compared them) and they are struggling too. Annoying as s*** I know because we have to wipe them off the forums overnight through into morning, and you don't want to see it.

But we are doing what we can.

Yeah I've seen the same thing happening on Blizzard!

As the majority of spam seems to happen between midnight and 6am, could the mods disable the ability to create a new account during this time?

I know this would be negative towards new genuine people wanting to join at that time but it could definitely prevent some of the bulk spam; as the majority of spam accounts are created at this time(late at night) and the messages are then scripted.

Simple as the title says, not FM related but is spamming the discussion with some unrelated junk.

Everytime I log on here, Its full of these spam threads, They need more mods to cope with it, Makes me want to go elsewhere everyday.

As said above, we our doing our best. Lots of other forums out there are suffering the same problems, there is no easy or preventative fix currently. All we can do is ban the ones that get through our anti-spam tools as we come across them. PLEASE REPORT THEM WHEN YOU SEE THEM, BUT DO NOT REPLY TO SPAM TOPICS/POSTS.

It isn't as simple as more mods, we have plenty, and increasing the number of mods won't change the behavioural habits of the staff as a group, ie we need to sleep, have social lives etc.

We have some selectively placed staff around the world which helps to alleviate the problem of spam during the UK night time, but i will definitely investigate the point raised below.

Yeah I've seen the same thing happening on Blizzard!

As the majority of spam seems to happen between midnight and 6am, could the mods disable the ability to create a new account during this time?

I know this would be negative towards new genuine people wanting to join at that time but it could definitely prevent some of the bulk spam; as the majority of spam accounts are created at this time(late at night) and the messages are then scripted.

Not a bad suggestion, will investigate preventing them, or at least placing in a moderation queue.

Closed thread and moved it to correct section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.