DarklinkCL

Reaction score
I'm about to uninstall Football Manager from my computer for too much frustration, it would be the first time ever for me. I've been a SI loyal player since CM 00/01, but now I've just had enough.

What I'm asking it's just a good, straightforward p&p tactic (but I'm fine with tweaking it from time to time if needed) that simply WORKS, that makes my team play decent football and especially that makes the game's absurdities happen less often.

I'm managinc AC Milan, winter break of the second season. My main players are:

GK
Abbiati, Amelia

DEF
Vidic, Rami, Doria, De Sciglio, Abate, Antonelli

MID
Montolivo, Poli, Cristante, Flamini (injured for 4 months), Honda, Kak?, Saponara

FWD
El Shaarawy (been just HORRIBLE so far), Balotelli, Drogba, Diamanti, Niang, Muriel

Please let me know if you need any further info, and bear in mind that I've already tried Fetish tactic (I would rate it 6/10), Artisan's 4-2-2-2 (not good for my team, too defensivly leaky) and Steaton's invincible (horrible tactic if you ask me).
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
If you're failing with all the most highly rated downloadable tactics out there, you should look at other areas of your management.

Vidic, antonelli, flamini, drogba, doamanti...seriuosly? Yeah, uninstall FM.

No offence :p

So you've tried 3 tactics, look closer to home like your micro management

If you're failing with all the most highly rated downloadable tactics out there, you should look at other areas of your management.
This is kinda like a standard answer for rants, but as I said I'm a quite experienced FM player and I've always had great success so don't think that my management is so bad. :)

Vidic, antonelli, flamini, drogba, doamanti...seriuosly? Yeah, uninstall FM.

No offence :p
What's wrong with Vidic? He as still great stats, way better than Mexes (who I've released on a free). Drogba is only for tutoring youngsters like Berardi, Muriel, Niang, Petagna. All the others are backup players, and btw Diamanti regularly scores from free kicks.

So you can spare this unappropriate and annoying irony.

bagdadcowboy is a great tactic, you should try it
Can't find it in any topic, can you help? :\

This is kinda like a standard answer for rants, but as I said I'm a quite experienced FM player and I've always had great success so don't think that my management is so bad. :)

I don't care how experienced you are, that doesn't matter.

What the **** of an answer is that? Please go away and don't bother me if you can't help, great manager.

All I said was that your past history on football manager is irrelevant. You've got to calm your ego down. I'll help by linking you to some articles that might help:
The Mentality Ladder: A Practical Framework for Understanding Fluidity and Duty
Creating A Tactic - Design, Create and Maintain
Pairs & Combinations: The Complete Series
How to Play FM14: A Twelve Step Guide
Ajax - When Real Life Meets Football Manager - FM14 (Great article once you get past the non-FM stuff).

It's like you're sitting in front of a giant supermarket and ask people who are going in to go shopping for you. Just look up for something that suits your team and try it (I mean, not just 3 tactics during a few games). Plug & play is dead this year so nobody will give you the holy tactic that will work all the time.

Cheers !

All I said was that your past history on football manager is irrelevant. You've got to calm your ego down. I'll help by linking you to some articles that might help:
The Mentality Ladder: A Practical Framework for Understanding Fluidity and Duty
Creating A Tactic - Design, Create and Maintain
Pairs & Combinations: The Complete Series
How to Play FM14: A Twelve Step Guide
Ajax - When Real Life Meets Football Manager - FM14 (Great article once you get past the non-FM stuff).
I don't think that there's nothing wrong with my ego or whatever (there IS someting wrong with FM14, this for sure, I'm not the only one that says this). Thank you for your useful contribution, I'll have a look on those links.

I don't think that there's nothing wrong with my ego or whatever (there IS someting wrong with FM14, this for sure, I'm not the only one that says this). Thank you for your useful contribution, I'll have a look on those links.
When ever you are done with those link, which help me all the time creating tactics, bookmark this site: Guide to Football Manager | FM 2014 Guide
This will help you A LOT, that I promise you! (H)
Or try jy new tactic I created: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...0323-14-3-1-442-back-basics-andrichbrand.html

In regards with your team, depending one the year that you manage: You have slow defenders, what will lead to a leaky back ine and maybe an ageing squad.

Don't expect a decent answer, you can basically cheat with an in-game editor so your players are at the top of their game, and you'll still get that answer.

I've been playing for a long time too and this year's game requires you to think about things differently. I think the fact that you've played the game for a long time is actually stopping you from considering other reasons why you might not be as successful as you;d like.

However, I highly recommend this set of tactics: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...cs/156280-unstoppable-two-quadruples-row.html

Still, you should consider other aspects of your management, because I have had to strongly reconsider the way I handle for instance team talks and player confidence this year. In the past you could really yell at them alot but this year I hesitate to use any tone higher than calm, in any circumstances, ever.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

In regards with your team, depending one the year that you manage: You have slow defenders, what will lead to a leaky back ine and maybe an ageing squad.
Rami has Acc-Pace of 14-16 and Doria 16-14. I'm letting the brazilian play more than Vidic now.

the team is all rigth the real problem is th ******* ing GAME....delete the game and FM 13 AND YOU can make your own tactic and you play enjoynable///......

if ya want something that works pal well am sorry and not been smart but your playing the wrong game i feel that SI are committing suicide by killing there own game propa joke of a game spend months trying to find something or work with something and a pitch comes out so start again and again and again we've been robbed.