There is no single tactic that will give you what your looking for. If you want a easy ride then I suggest you play the app version of FM14 on smartphone or tablet. Unlike previous versions, this game requires you to think about your tactics. If you have a slow defence then you need to use the 'Drop Deeper' PI. If you have really talented central Midfielders like Barcelona then you can use 'Exploit the Middle' to get them on the ball more. If you have a fast attack then perhaps a counter-attacking strategy is the best way to go? If you use aggressive fullbacks then you'll need to think about having a defensive-minded midfield player to cover the space they vacate. Everything comes into play and I must say it's a lot more enjoyable and rewarding.

I had a save earlier this year when I did this and it was great fun. Wasn't very successful, but I didn't put much time into it as I have other things like doing. However this was the most enjoyable save I've had ever! However now I'm looking for a single-tactic like you as I want to have a long save where I don't have to put to much effort in. However I've realised that you have to be adaptive to your team otherwise nothing will work!

So I would recommend reading the threads over at SI Forums and actually learning how to use the Tactic tools available.

We CAN'T just give you something that works. That's kind of the point of the new tactical system. You'll have to do it yourself, I'm afraid. But the above advice is very good.

The one best bit of advice I give is to not use the Team Instructions like a shopping list. Only tick what you need to make the system work, not what you think will help. I use a 3-4-3 system with 6 TIs and I turn some of them off depending on who we play. Remember that the new player roles have 'inbuilt' play styles that may not need excessive tinkering; my central striker has no instructions at all, for example, and is just left to 'Poacher'

Last edited: