Please Help! Can't get my fm 2011 to run!

Kent Girl

Dec 28, 2010
Hi, i am new on here and i might be repeating other users but i not very good with computers!

I got fm 2011 for xmas and installed it yesterday and played it. However i am trying to play it tonight and i can't get it to run! When i put the disk in it makes sounds like it is loading but nothing happens and i cannot find a shortcut etc!

Any help would be very appreciated as im useless!

Thanks.

prow07

May 1, 2009
Try reinstalling the game first. You shouldn't lose any saved games, but back them up anyway just in case :)

Lazaru5

Mar 8, 2010
Hi, i am new on here and i might be repeating other users but i not very good with computers!

I got fm 2011 for xmas and installed it yesterday and played it. However i am trying to play it tonight and i can't get it to run! When i put the disk in it makes sounds like it is loading but nothing happens and i cannot find a shortcut etc!

Any help would be very appreciated as im useless!

Thanks.
navigate to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 11\

right click on fm.exe and select "send to> desktop(create shortcut)"

double click on shortcut (with disk in drive) and it should run fine :)

edit: have you installed the latest patch? (11.2.1)

Kent Girl

Dec 28, 2010
navigate to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 11\

right click on fm.exe and select "send to> desktop(create shortcut)"

double click on shortcut (with disk in drive) and it should run fine :)

Thanks for your help :) how do i navigate to it? Sorry i am useless!!

dinger24

May 22, 2009
Kent girl
I had the same nightmare! was pulling my hair out all day yesterday (with a hangover!) and again today!
I am on Win 7 and I uninstalled it then reinstalled it, then I went to:
Local disk (C:), Program files(X86), Sports interactive, Football manager 2011

This will show a list of files, about half way down you should see a small icon, blue square with II on it, this is an application file. Right click on it and create a shortcut.

Hopefully that should work? Unless someone else knows a better way?

Kent Girl

Dec 28, 2010
Kent girl
I had the same nightmare! was pulling my hair out all day yesterday (with a hangover!) and again today!

This will show a list of files, about half way down you should see a small icon, blue square with II on it, this is an application file. Right click on it and create a shortcut.

Thank you soooo much! I was actually starting to lose the will to live! lol. Thank you :D

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Kent girl

Thank you soooo much! I was actually starting to lose the will to live! lol. Thank you :D

Lazaru5

Mar 8, 2010
Thanks for your help :) how do i navigate to it? Sorry i am useless!!
double click "my computer"

double click "C:/"

double click "Program Files" OR "Program Files x86" (depends on Operating System)

double click "Sports Interactive"... you'll get the idea ;)