carterr

Reaction score
So I was playing fm in my spurs season, saved it turned laptop off. Go back on laptop to go on steam to load up fm and i couldnt get on steam, tried untold times, unstalled it and re installed it and then installed fm12. i can now get back on steam but when i go to play fm it says

Error: unable to find some essential data. pleasure ensure the game installed correctly. if the problem persists, please contact the techinical support.

WTF IS GOING ON!!??S

Verify the game Cache if you haven't already.

Right click on game in library, click on the properties tab, then click on local files tab then finally verify integrity of game cache

Ive tried all the steps then i get up to change the client reg blob to old client, load up steam and it says:

Steam.exe (main exception). ERROR: copying SteamNew.exe to Steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 32 "The process cannot access the file because it is being used another process".

WTF this game is just ******* up my laptop now

Also i went to do the next stop which is deleting the game off steam and reinstalling it, but now i cant even get back on to steam. GREAT! what do i do now?

Ive tried all the steps then i get up to change the client reg blob to old client, load up steam and it says:

Steam.exe (main exception). ERROR: copying SteamNew.exe to Steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 32 "The process cannot access the file because it is being used another process".

Also i went to do the next stop which is deleting the game off steam and reinstalling it, but now i cant even get back on to steam. GREAT! what do i do now?
try posting in the SI forums and seeing if you get a response there. They will know more than us
Football Manager 2011 Bugs Forum

Re-install Windows. :)

That will wipe out all my fm facepacks, kits, logos etc and itunes thought wont it??

That will wipe out all my fm facepacks, kits, logos etc and itunes thought wont it??

You can back all the facepacks kits logogs etc up to a usb stick/hard drive, you would need a bigger hard drive to backup all your media.

Some people have found a solution to many 'unsolveable' steam problems is to create a new user account on windows and install steam and FM on the new account. Unless you gradually transfer over all your stuff from your other account you will only be able to play FM and browse the net on the new user account, but when i'm playing FM i dont do anything else so it wouldnt be an issue for me.

F*ck that then. Not doing all that just for Football Manager. So annoyed! I use my cousins account on steam, if i go on my actual account and by fm do you think it would work??

hey guys...can somebody please explain me,how to use skin...? successfully downloaded, but then what?

go on prefrences then display and sound then click on skin top left and click the one you downloaded

do you guys think it would work if i brought fm on MY OWN steam account instead of playing it on my cousins????????

but yet again i cant get on steam. think my fm life is now over and im retiring

Last edited:
go on prefrences then display and sound then click on skin top left and click the one you downloaded

where should i put this downloaded skin? should create any map or what? tnx for help mate....really appreciated!

The reason for it being unavailable in the first place may be the fact that your were using someone else's account. If your cousin is signed into steam, you won't be able to play. You should have mentioned that at the start. God know what you have done to steam/your system now.

My advice would be the full manual uninstallation as directed here:

You mentioned you can't use ste3am at all now so skip the bit about uninstalling the game on steam first.

--------------

Completing a Full Uninstall:

This uninstall guide assumes earlier editions of Football Manager were and are still installed such as Football Manager 2010 or 2011.

If this is not the case please delete the Sports Interactive folder instead of the Football Manager 2012 folder as outlined in each individual step:

* Before proceeding please make sure to write down the username and password of your Steam account as you will need them to reinstall afterwards.

Start by uninstalling Football Manager 2012 through Steam:

Right-click on Football Manager 2012 and select “Delete Local Content…”

Next, delete Sports Interactive from my Documents:

Start Menu > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2012

Delete Football Manager 2012 (This will delete save data, please store elsewhere such as the desktop if required).

Next confirm the removal the Football Manager 2012 Settings.

Confirm that hidden folders are enabled:

Step 1

- Click on the Start button,
- Click on the Control Panel,
- From the Control Panel Select Classic View,
- Once selected locate and double click on Folder Options.
- Click on the View tab.

Step 2

- Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labelled Show hidden files and folders.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labelled Hide extensions for known file types.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labelled Hide protected operating system files.
- Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
- Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

Step 3:
Remove the cache files for Football Manager 2012 as detailed below:

Go here:

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\

Vista/Win7:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\

Delete the Sports Interactive folder.

Then you will have to manually remove Steam:

1. Exit Steam.

2. Navigate to your Steam directory. (Typically C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam)

3. Delete all of the contents of your Steam directory.

When complete, make sure the Steam and FM12 registry entries have been removed. While doing the following, please be aware that the Windows registry is a very sensitive part of Windows. Mistakes can render your system unstable so be VERY careful when making any changes.

* For FM 2012:

- Click Start then Run.
- At the prompt type: REGEDIT. The registry editor will open.
- Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.
*If you have a 64-bits Operating System go to: SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node
- Click the "+" next to Sports Interactive Ltd.
- Right-Click the Football Manager 2012 folder.
- Select Delete.

- Go back to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.
- Click the "+" next to Microsoft
- Click the "+" next to Windows
- Click the "+" next to CurrentVersion
- Click the "+" next to Uninstall
- Right click & delete the key labelled:
- Football Manager fields

* For Steam:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.

Right-click on Valve select Delete.

- For 32-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

- For 64-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

When completed please close the Registry Editor, restart your computer and try the installation again.

-------------------------