Please help - I have no idea what to do :/

betondur

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have a huge tactical problem that I have no idea how to solve, so I thought that I'll try to get help here as last resort. I am managing Drezno. I started in beta and after 3 seasons I managed to advance from 3. Bundeslige to 1. Bundesliga.

1. Bundesliga is, however, entirely different world... I know that I have weak team for 1. Bundesliga standards but my start in league was terrible. I have 1 (very lucky) point after 4 matches and I have to face Dortmund now. I got hammered 2-7 by Bayern in 1st match but I thought that it should get better later on but it does not. The gameplay was terrible. Biggest problems:
  • Full backs not getting ball back, running with opposite winger for 30-40m back and letting them cross, no matter which setting do I put...
  • Defenders standing like trees when opposite side is crossing, which leads to strikers getting to score without much effort.
  • No matter if I put 0, 1 or 2 DMs, there are loads of shots from distance
  • When there is a corner against me and ball isn't caught by keeper or kicked out by defender immediately, it's about 90% chance that I concede... Defence seems to stand like trees...
  • I wanted to use AM C in attacking role (tried a couple) to increase number of possibilities in attack, but no matter what I do he does not create chances...
I tried to play Dortmund game a couple times now, with a few different setup. No matter what I do, I concede 3-4 goals in first half and then it's over...

I am completely helpless. I never had such problems in FM14.

Please, if anyone has time, look at my saved game and tell me how to fix this situation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7i1c0phni7wz1ze/drezno.fm?dl=0

I appreciate any help!

Last edited:
You're a weak team in the Bundesliga. You're going to be outclassed by Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, etc. Take it on the chin and try to get better the next game.

You say your trying to play with an AMC? I don't do that when I'm a weak team. I just get pacy wingers, strong midfielders and play fast counter attacking football. Play to your strengths though, no idea who your best players are.

@JMocks - yeah I'd understand it if I lost 0-3 but sth is very very bad if I am down 0-4 and it's 35th minute...

@Hitman1991 - could you download my save and look at my players?

Just upload some screenshots of your tactics mate, that'll be easier.

1. We dont know the roles.
2. How can you prevent gk distrib while dropping deeper?!
3. Why are you hitting early crosses? Its likely looking at your set up that your wingers will receive the ball when they re already higher up the pitch.
4. Playing wider against much stronger teams is suicidal.
5.Tighter marking?! Really?! Do you have pacy players? I doubt it - so how will they mark the Dortmund/Bayern etc players tightly?!!!
6. Your instructions are NOT the instructions of a newly promoted team mate ...
7.Against the Bayerns and the Dortmunds and with what you say about your squad Id play standard/defensive and: direct passing/pass into space/lower tempo/work ball in box/exploit flanks/play narrow/(much) deeper defense/stay on feet/(clear to flanks)/be more disciplined.

Take a look at this thread, and check out the link I left in that post. It's really helped me with FM 15 tactically. Once you've read that hopefully you'll get more success.

Id just keep it simple. Put your best players in their best positions/roles, and go from there. But seeing as you are a small team your going to have to play on the counter most of the time, so bear that in mind. Start off with a few instructions. Then build it up.

Well, you ceirtanly have a bunch of problems....first of all, change both CD's to defend. 2nd, change your width to narrower, you dont want to stay wide when defending, and that's what you are doing...it might help lure the opposition, but you will ceirtanly conceede, and It looks like you want to keep a clean sheet...also, your more direct passing, and exploit the flanks will require VERY fast wingers, and you might be better off without those. Next, tight marking could work if everyone is trained at it, and usually have that ppm, otherwise remove it. Standing off more might help. Your tempo should be lower or much lower too. counter attacks occur if x players are between you and opposition goal, you dont do those by force, and should play a patient game, unless you want to keep losing the ball and get attacked. Pass into space makes all players try more risky passes...it usually leads to giving the ball away and getting countered. It would be preferable to turn that off, and if you wish order your playmakers more risky passes, those usually connect. Clear ball to flanks makes both of your sidebacks play more agressively and try more risky passes, so you might want to remove that too, if you want them in position to guard the opposition. Oh, and usually the ball is sent to your more advanced playmaker, two are too much...perhaps even one is to much if you want to play on the counter effectively...

Last edited:
Just done this on another thread, but I'm doing an experiment in my game where I'm trying to fix my tactic so it works again and gets results - the idea being that people like you can work out their issues and make a tactic that works themselves :) check it out here if you're interested.

It's also a lower league team so it might work for your team?