Please help I need to beat United 4-0

danwvu26

Reaction score
Here's the deal. I am Chelsea, in the 2012/2013 season.

I've won the league 3 straight years and am leading the table this season with 7 games to go, but I've never won the Champions League, never even made the final.. My team just seem to shut off once we get to the knockout rounds.

Man United are the only team in the game who have the better of me in 'past mettings' and of course, it paired me with them in the quarters.

Leg 1 was at Old Trafford, they beat me 6-2, somehow, after running the exact same tactics I used to beat them 1-0 at Old Trafford in the league only 3 weeks earlier (which was huge for me I havent won their since my 1st or 2nd season, including a couple domestic cup ties), and they were missing Rooney in this round!

So my question is I need a 4-0 win as I will have considerably less time to play the game now, and I want to bring home Europe. What do I do.

Save game before the match, play it, if you dont win by 4 just load game and try again
Or instead of cheating like that just move on and build squad for next season :D

I think your biggest chance winning 4-0 lies in the man management och the media warfare rather than the tactic. Of course this could backfire when telling the opponent that they are **** and when putting lots of pressure on your players but if getting an early goal and then scoring another, then it could easily be 6-0 when the final whistle sounds

Overload, take more risks shout high tempo. They'll probably go defensive seeing as they're leading comfortably.

Realistically though you're like 50-1 to get what you need. I'd go 4-2-4 from the start because win by one or lose by ten it's better to go down swinging

mr houghs wonder tactic maybe

Accept defeat mate.You will win another time.

use meda feedback on all the playrs n your squad you have not done so on recently, see f thre are mndgame options vs SAF cross your fingers and then gt a better squad for next year.)

TBH summed it up perfectly, you need to mentally upset them to get a win like that, however itsa good chance it will back fire and lead to getting humped. best bet is to write this one off, sorry

It can be done mate. I was man utd and lost to barcelona away 3 nil in first leg and thought theres no chance. Beat them at home with the same tactic 6-2 and went through. I did use overload throughout the game

What TheBetterHalf said.

Or pray.

Either mr Houghs tactic or gracefully accept you've been demolished by united sadly.

thanks, drew 1-1 played a 3-4-1-2 overload....next year...at least i just made the fa cup final for the 1st time.

oh and Fergie retired...and Mancini took over for them :|

Use this guide/tactics mate: Tactics to beat the top four
Don't know if you've already played this game, so good luck anyway, but that includes an in depth guide and tactics to beat each top four team (Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd.)

Last edited:
I already played...and I have no problem with any of the top 4 (counting city) ive never lost to arsenal even but they are **** in my game

Do Arsenal count as 'The Big Four' on FM?

On my games, they always finish 5-7th?

Do Arsenal count as 'The Big Four' on FM?

On my games, they always finish 5-7th?

They're still part of the traditional 'Big Four' IRL though, which is what those tactics are based on. Spurs always do **** on my games. :$

Unlucky mate, 6-2 is leaving your self with a mountain to climb.

Maybe next time, shut up shop in the away leg, alot of foreign teams do this in real life. :)

I remember watching Portsmouth against AC Milan i think it was, and Milan just played 1 upfront and shut up shop at ~Fratton Park and Pundits were saying Portsmouth will find that most foreign teams are like jackal and hyde in Europe. Away they will come and shut up shop, but at home they will be all out attacking fluid football.