gunnerjames

Reaction score
Hi guys I need some help with setting up midfield to score more goals. I am currently playing 451/433 with a DMC - Anchor Man Advance Playmaker - Support and Advance Playmaker - Attack. I have set the Advance Playmaker - Attack to run from deep often but he does not seem to get in the box and score any goals. My striker is set to Deep Lying Forward - support and I am playing with inside forward attack and winger support in the AMl/AMR positions. My team instructions are Fluid/Control, shorter passing, high pressing, more roaming and more creative freedom. The tempo is set to normal.

What I want is my attacking advance playmaker running from deep, getting in the box to score goals. I need to run pass striker when he drops deep.

Can anyone help me with what role or duty to give my central midfielder so that he can get in the box and score more goals. Also would it be better to buy players with the PPM - get in the box whenever possible. Currently a central midfielders seem to be more the playmaking type because none of them have the get into the box PPM

First thing...if your midfield are running from deep too often then they might be pulled out of position too much leaving your other players with less options to pass too, especially if playing a short passing game.

I'm also thinking ppm's might be more influential than the actual instructions with this version...either try learn the players to get into box or take all ppm's out and then have a clean slate to follow your instructions. I'm not too clued up on that though and feel that would take a long time to fully understand what is better

Maybe put your striker as target man with 'to feet' set and then play through the centre...this would instruct your team to more naturally feed the ball through to him...Then have him on through balls often or mixed. I feel it will be tricky to get the ball through to him if the oppostion pack the midfield and your midfielder is running out of position with a short passing game