sinned_82

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm into my first season with Liverpool, and as the title suggests, my team has the majority of possession and alot of shots on goal, but little on target and even less goals. On the average I would have 20-25 (sometimes more) shot on goal, and only between 5-8 on target, with only 1 or zero goals. As a result I draw alot of my games.

I'm currently playing a 4-3-2-1, with Elia (AML, Inside Forward), Afellay (AMR, Inside Forward) and Torres (Advance Forward). My team's tempo is around 12-13 notches, width at 9 notches and playing a fairly high D-line of 13 notches. Torres (or N'gog/Kadlec) and Elia are missing a fair bit of one-on-ones.

I'm on 11.2.1

Could anyone advise on what could be the problem, as I have tried many tweaks to no avail. I would like to make my tactic work better before I turn to using the various good-looking tactics posted here.

Thanks.

Last edited:
1. Have you patched your game?
2. Reduce long shots or use the 'work ball into box' shout

1. Have you patched your game?
2. Reduce long shots or use the 'work ball into box' shout

Yes, i'm playing on 11.2.1.

I've already put all long shots to Rarely, other than Gerrard on Mixed, but still the same. My players either dribble into the box, and miss, or they pass around into the box, then miss. It's frustrating. And it's not helping when you play against a good keeper sometimes.

Perhaps you don't have your players set to the right roles, or the right mix of roles and duties.

select attaccking movement in match preparation

Use Elia and Affelay as Wingers => Attack with high attacking mentality and Fernando Tores as Complete Forward. The results will come ;)

thanks for your opinions thus far, will give it a try to see if things improve.

At least it looks realistic, the performance of liverpool in real life is like that right now.