barcelonic

Reaction score
View attachment 469621

OK some info about these guys....

Dino Testa
vs Oliver Collins

Testa CA and PA are 167/169 - Collins is 146/180

I'm looking for a DR/L to sit on my bench and will offer rotation status in my squad. I already have high potential youngsters who need first team experience so I kinda don't want to put in lots of time with this signing to develop them. Also Testa is very fast as you can see and will help better defensively as he'll be able to run back and mark the opposition wingers better. Testa is also less aggressive and is braver than Collins. Also, Testa has a hidden attribute of 18 for important matches while Collins is only 11.

However, Collins is English and I really want more domestic players at the moment. Collins also has an Ambition attribute of 18 while Testa is a shocking 1. Collins has a loyalty attribute of 3 though so he might move on before he ever reaches 180 anyway. Testa's personality is, unsurprisingly, Unambitious and my squad is determined/balanced/fairly professional. plus he doesn't even speak anything except Italian.

Could anyone please offer me some advice? I need to sign one today! Let me know what you'd do in my shoes and if there's any other info I could give to help the decision.

Thanks guys!! :)

I'd get the Italian. He is 28, so if you buy him now he'll be at his peak in 2 seasons probably. Then sell him for the highest possible price then.

You said you have some quality youngsters already, so their is no point buying the Englishman when he won't be at his best for 6+ years, and if you keep him and make him to his best, then it'll stop your youngsters developing :)

[Apologies but shift&enter aint workin even though it was workin earlier - any idea why I can't easily start a new line on this forum?] Anyways lol, thanks man for reply. I ended up getting the English guy because I couldn't pick between them and so I figured if it comes down to one or the other and its a coin toss then I should always get the Englishman because of my tendency to go wild with foreign talent who take the better part of a season to learn the language. As I've already got plenty of those I felt I owed my side another domestic player. Fortunately though I paid 11m for him and he's only on about 50k a week I think. The other guy was a lot more expensive because he's near his peak. The thing i'll regret most though I guess is Testa's speed. I have awesome defenders but even the fast ones are not that fast. Next season I'm going to scout pacey defenders for sure. Oh and lol today all I really did other than sign him and beat Burnley with my new untested 32212 formation (wtf I know rite?! lol) was use FMRTE to edit a player to be precisely the character I use in FIFA 13 for my Virtual Pro. His name is Humberto Cairo and he is Maltese and in FIFA I played for Toulouse, then Napoli, then Chelsea and Barcelona. So I've created him from one of Napoli's players and I went through each attribute and based each of his FM attributes (inc Hidden ones) on how I think I do in FIFA Virtual Pro mode. Ha it was fun I picked a regen who looked like him a bit and had the same number of characters for each name (8,5) and now I'm just gonna check in on him every once in a while and see how he's getting on. I don't think you can subscribe to players without them being on shortlist. :( Lol anyways that was fun haha :)