Plymouth Argyle FINALLY exit Administration.

Giggles

Reaction score
Its finally over. After 7 month long months of twists, turns, near death, false promises, broken deadlines, protests and without doubt the toughest and darkest time in the clubs 125 year history, James Brent and the Akkeron group have agreed deals with the P and A partnership over deals to buy the team out of administration and takeover full control of the club- All of which seemed so unlikely at one point as the club in Pre-Season was 'minutes' away from death, and again the same in August as Kevin Heaney and Bishop International's deal to buy the club appeared to be a false hope- They had no money. James Brent has been the man we've wanted from the start, and now we've got him. He is the man for this football club, and **** me, I'm delighted its finally all over...

There's no official link on the BBC yet, however Chris Webb leader of the Argyle Fans Trust has confirmed talks between all parties have been successful and the club is out of Administration- Also, this email recieved from Brendan Guilfoyle, one of Argyle's joint administrators-

Thank you for your recent e mail ; I am pleased to tell you that agreement has been reached for Akkeron Group to acquire the club and stadium.

I wish them and your club every success in the future. Brendan Guilfoyle (PS No reply is required )

I take this time to thank everybody who has helped this save this football club over the past 7 months. From those who signed the E-Petition a few months back, those who made donations to the fans trust, the Brighton/Falkirk/Norwich/Portsmouth/Swansea/Cardiff and many many more fans who come down on Fans Reuinted day to cheer us on to our first win of the season. Thank-You to Peter Reid, Thank-You to Chris Webb and everyone else on the CP Board for proving there was another option from BIL and keeping us updated. But the biggest thank-you has to go... The players and staff who single handly kept this club alive by going out without wages for the last 9 months. You are a true credit to the footballing world, you stuck with us during our darkest times and kept the club alive, honestly what you did for this football club is fantastic.

We had possibly the longest administration ever in English football for a long time [Portsmouth had a similar timescale but there Administration was 'funded'] and my god its been ****. Now we have our club back, away from the corrupt useless Administrators who almost drove this club off the edge of a large club. So this is it- We have our club back, we are out of Administration, James Brent has confirmed the deal..... FINALLY. ITS ALL OVER!

We're Plymouth Argyle and We'll Never Die.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Plymouth Argyle | News | Latest News | Latest News | STATEMENT

Statement from Brendan Guilfoyle on behalf of PANDA. (H)

And from the BBC...
The takeover of Plymouth Argyle by businessman James Brent has been completed.
Brent's Akkeron Group has come to an agreement with administrators over fees owed to them.
"I am delighted that this morning we have agreed a deal that will see Plymouth Argyle Football Club coming out of administration," administrator Brendan Guilfoyle said.
"We have been assured that Akkeron will complete the purchase today."
He added: "Like many other parties both ourselves and Walker Morris (solicitors) have waived a significant amount in fees to ensure the survival of the club."
"I would like to thank everyone for their patience and continued support during complex negotiations to save the club," he said.

Last edited:
Just heard this on Talksport, interview with the administrator at the moment! fantastic news for the while city! definatly heading up to Home Park as soon as I can!

Congratulations. Let's hope you can remain in the football league now!

C'mon Argyle!

Just for this, I will come and sit near you at our next home game Giggles. ;)

Congratulations. Let's hope you can remain in the football league now!

I agree, I'm sure that will be the priority of James Brent- He said there will be some investment, just not a 'Sugar Daddy'- Sounds good to me! :)

C'mon Argyle!

Just for this, I will come and sit near you at our next home game Giggles. ;)

yay dunc, come sit near me! ;)

I agree, I'm sure that will be the priority of James Brent- He said there will be some investment, just not a 'Sugar Daddy'- Sounds good to me! :)

Well, you don't need a sugar daddy to avoid relegation from league 2, but rather someone who spends wisely and doesn't **** you up again.

Well, you don't need a sugar daddy to avoid relegation from league 2, but rather someone who spends wisely and doesn't **** you up again.

Indeed, James Brent is a senisble boy. He's appointed Peter Ridsdale as 'Footballing Chairman'- Just as long as you keep on him on a tight leash, he can use his contacts to good effect. I look foward to some new loan signings coming in soon, and hopefully some movement in the January transfer window. For now though, whatever results we get will be 2nd place to the takeover. Securing the clubs future was always going to be more important than any relegation battle, but I think we'll stay up, even with the squad we have.

Congrats.

Good to see Argyle back on their feet.

Well as I was born in Plymouth, I am genuinely happy this whole mess has been sorted out. I may support Everton, but just happy that a hometown club is not going under. Onwards and upwards.

It is good news. Plymouth is my second home, I've been down here for 4years now at the university. Been to see Argyle on a few occassions, I can imagine Home Park would have a great atmosphere when full. Lets hope they stay in the League and can now look towards a brighter future.