Plymouth Argyle On Verge Of Liquidation.

sigh. This would of been sorted months ago if Brenda had seen some sense and went with Brent in the first place.

At the end of the day, peoples lives are being messed around here, the uncertainity of the situation and its horrible. I'm still confident a deal can be done, and when it is, I think all Argyle fans need to meet up and go on one big night out and get ******.

EDIT; I'll also be 100% behind the staff and players if they decide enough is enough and they decide to strike. I suppose its all down to tomorrow's announcement from James Brent...

---------- Post added 16/09/2011 at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was 15/09/2011 at 04:48 PM ----------

Plymouth City Council

Statement on Plymouth Argyle Football Club

In response to the recent news that a private sector deal securing the future of Plymouth Argyle Football Club has still not been forthcoming, Plymouth City Council leader Vivien Pengelly is issuing the following statement:

Councillor Vivien Pengelly, Leader of Plymouth City Council, said:
“Plymouth City Council is deeply saddened by the current situation with regards the status of Plymouth Argyle Football Club. It is extremely disappointed that no private sector funded solution has yet been forthcoming to ensure the survival of the city’s 125 year old professional football club. The City Council would like to be clear that it considers it important that a city the size and status of Plymouth should not, if at all possible, be without a professional football club.

“We are therefore prepared to work to help ensure the survival of the club and protect wider community benefits. That would include the consideration of the purchase of Home Park on a commercial basis. Any decision would of course have to be subject to appropriate due diligence checks and Council approval.”

The Council cannot say anything further at this stage and Councillor Pengelly is not able to do interviews on this issue at present.

-
Statement from James Brent expected within the hour, this could be a good night...

sigh. This would of been sorted months ago if Brenda had seen some sense and went with Brent in the first place.

At the end of the day, peoples lives are being messed around here, the uncertainity of the situation and its horrible. I'm still confident a deal can be done, and when it is, I think all Argyle fans need to meet up and go on one big night out and get ******.

EDIT; I'll also be 100% behind the staff and players if they decide enough is enough and they decide to strike. I suppose its all down to tomorrow's announcement from James Brent...

---------- Post added 16/09/2011 at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was 15/09/2011 at 04:48 PM ----------

Plymouth City Council

Statement on Plymouth Argyle Football Club

In response to the recent news that a private sector deal securing the future of Plymouth Argyle Football Club has still not been forthcoming, Plymouth City Council leader Vivien Pengelly is issuing the following statement:

Councillor Vivien Pengelly, Leader of Plymouth City Council, said:
“Plymouth City Council is deeply saddened by the current situation with regards the status of Plymouth Argyle Football Club. It is extremely disappointed that no private sector funded solution has yet been forthcoming to ensure the survival of the city’s 125 year old professional football club. The City Council would like to be clear that it considers it important that a city the size and status of Plymouth should not, if at all possible, be without a professional football club.

“We are therefore prepared to work to help ensure the survival of the club and protect wider community benefits. That would include the consideration of the purchase of Home Park on a commercial basis. Any decision would of course have to be subject to appropriate due diligence checks and Council approval.”

The Council cannot say anything further at this stage and Councillor Pengelly is not able to do interviews on this issue at present.

-
Statement from James Brent expected within the hour, this could be a good night...

I've seen the statement, all it says it that there is no "red lights" in the way of the deal...meetings were constructive...could take a bit longer...doesn't want to see staff forgo any more wages

Oh well. Here we go again....

Update by Akkeron Group LLP ('Akkeron') on behalf of Green Pilgrim Limited ('GP')

Akkeron provides the following update in relation to the potential acquisition by Akkeron Leisure Limited ('ALL'), GP's parent company, of the assets and undertaking of PAFC:

*other than the sale and purchase agreement ('SPA') to be entered into
between ALL, PAFC and the Joint Administrators, all non-employee related agreements have been agreed.

*ALL understands that the SPA is agreed in relation to all matters other than the Joint Administrators' fees and expenses.

*on Tuesday 25th October 2011, GP made a best and final offer to the Joint Administrators for settlement of their and their advisers fees and expenses.
*all agreements required from non-playing staff (current and previous) to complete the acquisition have been received, as have all those required from current players.

*a small number of agreements need to be signed by previous players for the deal to proceed. Akkeron has been assured that these deeds are in the process of being signed and hopes that they will be received today.

*Akkeron understands that the waiver/deferral agreements entered into between the Joint Administrators and current employees, expire tomorrow, 28th October 2011.

James Brent, Chairman of Akkeron said: 'My colleagues (current and prospective), advisers and many, many other parties have worked tirelessly to rescue PAFC. They have my sincere thanks.

The combination of the dire financial position that the Joint Administrators found the Club in and the protracted administration has created many losers and no winners. I recognise the level of losses that the Joint Administrators will suffer if they proceed with the transaction, but believe that these losses will be higher again if they do not.

ALL will not improve on the terms of its best and final offer. I call on the Joint Administrators to follow the example set by PAFC's employees (current and past) and creditors (unsecured and secured) and accept their losses and allow the Club to move forward. Please let today be the last page of a dreadful chapter in the Club's history and tomorrow the first page of a bright new beginning'.

--

Statement from The P&A Partnership re Plymouth Argyle Football Company Limited (in administration)

Commenting on a media statement from the Akkeron Group LLP Brendan Guilfoyle from The P&A Partnership and joint administrator of Plymouth Argyle Football Company Limited (in administration) said: “We are still in negotiations and therefore disappointed that Akkeron has issued this statement, which is both premature and in parts inaccurate.

“In the negotiations the two professional firms involved have more than demonstrated their willingness to write off costs in order to save the club.”

--

Once again the ******* bar-stewards that are the Administrators of this football club think they can try and delay the takeover for another week, and think they can make the players, staff and supporters suffer again. Its not happening, and Argyle fans are planning to travel to Sheffield over the weekend where the Administrators are based. We will not back down, we will not be PANDA's train set and we will not let them kill our football club after getting this far. There's something very wrong about this Administration process, and I'll be spending tomorrow emailing/phoning panda...

If they think they can mess with us they have something coming.

E mail - [email protected] (Sorry I put CO.UK first, but it is .com).

Office Number - 0114 275 5033

[email protected]

If you wish to email/phone on behalf of Argyle fans and 'urge' them to get the deal completed use those ^ Remember, don't give them the moral high-groud by using threats/abusive language, lets do this in a correct fashion. Anybody who wishes for Brendan's Guilfoyle's mobile number, give me a PM.

Last edited: