TJOzzy90

Reaction score
Plymouth Argyle are my local team as I am from near by Cornwall. It was the first team I went to a stadium to see, I was a season ticket holder for a couple of years when they were in The Championship which seems an age ago now though! The club has had a tough time of it since then suffering relegation's, financial issues etc but has stabilised the last couple of years and just missed out in the Play Offs last year. Many of you may only really know Plymouth from recently when they took Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool to an FA Cup replay.

Still the biggest City team not to be in the top flight so hopefully I can get them back to The Championship or hopefully further in to The Premier League.

On FM the squad is actually fairly decent as well for the league and Promotion should be our target, though wages are a bit tight I may have to release some players and bring in youth with re-sale value, or see if the board are willing to jiggle the budget slightly.

I am hoping to style this story by posts such as this (talking to the reader) or by way of fictional News Stories, any questions or suggestions feel free to comment.

Last edited:
Argyle are today set to announce the club's new manager following
Derek Adams leaving the club for personal reasons
without ever
managing any games for the club.
Chairman James Brent has spoken to BBC Devon today about the
matter 'It is unfortunate Derek
has had to leave the club, he was
our number 1 target for the job and looked forward to the season
with him at the helm.
On a new manager It is true we have interviewed former
player Tom Hosking today who we believe is perfect to take the
club forward long term, he has worked at the club and around the
globe gaining coaching experience since his early retirement,
He is an Ex England international and European Cup Winner so we
are over the moon and privileged to have Tom in charge going
forward and have no qualms at all about him only being 25,
his playing experience at the highest level and the coaching work
he has done since retiring will no doubt help him succeed.'
Hosking is expected to talk to the media some time over the
coming days.

Last edited:
Argyle have today announced their new manager, Ex Player
Tom Hosking has signed a 2 year contract. At 25 he
becomes the youngest manager in the EFL.
Hosking burst on to the scene as a 15 Year old for Argyle
scoring on debut in a draw at home to Ipswich in Oct 2006.

He scored 6 goals in his debut season as a 15/16 year old,
including a brace in the FA CUP against Derby to take them
to the Quarter Finals. Hosking joined Premier League Fulham
in January the following season, earning his 1st England cap.
Hosking was a key player helping Fulham to the Europa League
Final in 2010 before joining Pep Guardiola's Barcelona in 2010,
He won the Champions League in his first season he played for
Barcelona until January 2013 when Injuries limited appearances
and he moved back to Fulham before unfortunately retiring in
April 2013 due to various injury problems. He gained 26 England
caps scoring 7 times and was known for his versatility and left foot.
He travelled the world visiting many clubs since his retirement
learning the coaching side of the game and became U18 Manager
at Fulham part time in 2014 before joining Argyle's coaching staff
last season.
Hosking briefly spoke to the media today saying he hopes to bring
a fresh approach to the club and believes Promotion should be
the club's number 1 target. 'We need to push on this year, we
will jig a few things around payer wise but not major changes,
I am really keen to get going and looking forward to the challenge.
We will also announce any staff joining my team shortly.'

Last edited:
FIRST TEAM SQUAD- What is at the club

GK

View attachment 106120
Luke Mccormick- 1st Choice GK, Could play higher level.
View attachment 106119
Marc McCallum- Good 2nd choice GK, decent potential.
View attachment 106118
Vincent Dorel- Good 3rd choice but will probably loan out.(LOANED- TORQUAY)

DF

View attachment 105976

Ben Purrington- Will likely start at LB, Re-sale potential.
View attachment 106116
Gary Sawyer- Good LB as rotation.
View attachment 106117
Gary Miller- An Adams Signing, may release.
View attachment 106115
Nauris Bulvitis- Decent CB option, likely starter.
View attachment 106114
Sonny Bradley- 1st choice CB.
View attachment 106112
Karleigh Osborne- Decent CB, may release to free up wages.
View attachment 106111
Jordan Bentley- Good CB prospect, may play in cups.

MF

View attachment 106113
Oscar Threlkeld- Can play DF/MF, Likely to start in CM or RB.
View attachment 106110
Yann Songo'o- Like Threkeld will play CM or CB, good option though.
View attachment 106109
Connor Smith- Good CM, will play as B2B CM.
View attachment 106107
David Ijaha- Will probably be released and bring in better.
View attachment 106106
David Fox- Decent option though may go depending on transfers In.
View attachment 106105
Craig Tanner- On loan from Reading good option.
View attachment 106104
Ryan Donaldsen- Good option on the wing, stats looks average though.
View attachment 106108
Graham Carey- The crown jewel of the league, May be tough to keep him.

ST

View attachment 106103
David Goodwillie- Best striker in the league but dont want people like him at the club so will release.
View attachment 106102
Jordan Slew- Will likely play back up to Carey on the left.

View attachment 105975

Jake Jervis- Will start on the RW.
View attachment 106101
Jimmy Spencer- Decent player, may sell in January though.
View attachment 106099
Arnold Garita- A tank of a forward, Activate Beast mode and it could be Goals.
View attachment 106098
Ryan Brunt- Decent except first touch, will loan out see how he goes.(LOANED- ALDERSHOT)
View attachment 106097
Louis Rooney- pretty average, will see how he gets on on loan. (LOANED- CHESTER)

Last edited:
Wages at the club were tight so I released 3 players on decent wages & surprisingly after asking the board for more wages they've really come up trumps and helped us out, though I've not really gone over it.

I have tried to sign players whoa re obviously all FREE/LOANS that can make me money in the future, this is how I can keep improving window by window. (E.g In a Forest Green Save I bought Fdaouch in sold him to Norwich in Jan for 450k & Black for 600k.)

View attachment 106085
ZAKARIA FDAOUCH- FREE- A gem of a CM, Will play as an APM, Has gone for big profit in previous saves
View attachment 106078
HARLEY BLACK- FREE – Another gem of a CM, hopefully will break in to the team & really improve
View attachment 106076
KRISTOF TONNESEN- LOAN- LB from Norway, a go to signing for me, value only 25K, will try to buy EOS
View attachment 106070
CHANNING CAMPBELL-YOUNG- FREE - Good option at RB can also cover CB with good potential
View attachment 106084
ALEX FINNEY- FREE – Not the best CB, but looking at his stats he just has something about him
View attachment 106068
STEPHEN ARTHURWORREY- FREE- Good cover for CB, another youngster with potential
View attachment 106067
REECE WABARA- FREE- Surprised no one was keen, Great RB for League 2!
View attachment 106066

TOM BURRIDGE- FREE- Good young CM, will return in Jan if he impresses (Loaned to Mansfield)
View attachment 106065
ALBERTO RUBIO- FREE- Similar type of player to Fdaouch (Loaned to Newport)
View attachment 106064
TOBIAS HENNEKE- FREE- German CM, keen to see how he develops (Loaned to Aldershot)
View attachment 106063
NANA OWUSU- FREE -Can play RB or LB, good youngster (Loaned toTorquay)
View attachment 106062
IBRAHIMA SY- FREE- Young GK with good potential (Loaned to Newport)
View attachment 106061
MATT KENNEDY- LOAN- On loan IRL, looks a good wing option
View attachment 105974
BEN SHEAF- LOAN- On loan from Arsenal, decent option, also contract expires at EOS.
View attachment 105973

TACTICS AND FIRST FEW RESULTS TO FOLLOW!

Last edited:
Had one of my favorite ever saves with Plymouth! Looking forward to this!

PRE-SEASON

View attachment 105972

A decent Pre-Season for the team, Started with a good win over the U23'S.

Against Jong Ajax, 2 trialist scored the goals, Ex spurs & Gareth Bale look a like Ken McEvoy & ex Utd man Rodrigo Possebon, but as I went to sign both miraculously got injured for 7 & 5 months, so scrapped the idea.

I arranged a home fixture against Man Utd which earnt the club 350k! Yeah I got a drubbing but it made the club some cash
The rest of Pre-Season was pretty standard.

Looking ahead to the first game of the season now at home to Luton

Last edited:
The Season Begins

Plymouth 2-0 Luton

View attachment 105965
A great start to the season with a good win over Luton who are a good side in this league and always seem to do well.

Debutant Alex Finney scored a towering header from a corner & Jake Jervis re paid the faith I'd shown in him to pop up with a goal.

EFL CUP 1st ROUND

Aston Villa 1-0 Plymouth
View attachment 105964
A really good effort from the boys in the EFL Cup, We had a goal dis allowed in Injury time as well, Villa were there for the beating but too be fair it would of been some win and in all honesty was a poor game! But i did want a longer EFL Cup run but it wasn't to be. I did make a host of changes but with nobody really impressing unfortunately.

TEAM TACTICS & AUGUST RESULTS TO FOLLOW

Last edited:
AUGUST & SEPTEMBER

After a good start to the season against Luton and a good effort in the EFL Cup we march on with the first months of the season.

View attachment 105865

An undefeated start to the season, as well as a good result against Oxford in the CheckaTrade Trophy, A Penalty Shootout win gets 2 points for my side.
Arnold Garita has started the season well scoring in the last 5 games!

Garita is still banging in the goals! Our undefeated record was taken by Orient away who are a decent team to be fair. Starting to keep a few clean sheets which is nice.

Highlight being a 4-0 win over Hartlepool.

OCTOBER 3RD

My board have been looking for a Senior Affiliate since August, I was given the choice of ARSENAL, SOUTHAMPTON or WEST BROM.
I decided on Southampton due to the amount of younger players they had available for loan, Arsenal had more in their U23's but less likely to come or improve the side.
I am going to have a good look at Jake Hesketh and Josh Sims.

Last edited:
OCTOBER & NOVEMBER

View attachment 105860

Another good month for the team, though still not sure how we lost at Newport! A couple of draws and 2 huge wins.
1st a 6-0 hammering of Yeovil in the CheckaTrade Trophy & a 5-0 win over Colchester who are one of the better sides in the league.

F.A Cup 1st Round

View attachment 105859
A decent win after playing virtually a reserve team.

CheckaTrade Trophy

View attachment 105858
Another penalty shootout, this time losing to Chelsea who played 4 Premier League players! Although we qualify at their expense.
View attachment 105857
We qualify 2nd in the group & will play Swansea U23's in the 2nd Round... Quite keen to win this competition.

Last edited:
Arnold Garita has extended his loan spell at
Plymouth Argyle until the end of the season.

His current loan deal from Bristol City was due to
end in January & Plymouth wanted to ensure his
good form wouldn't see him leave the club in
January. The Forward has scored 17 in 15
League games so far this season.
Manager Tom hosking said to BBC Devon today,
'Arnie has been unbelievable for us so far up top,
He has lead the line well, held it up and obviously
scored lots of goals so we are over the moon to
tie up his loan until the end of the season.'

View attachment 105852
View attachment 105851

Last edited:
TACTICS & BEST LINEUPS SO FAR.

TACTICS SO FAR & HOW I LIKE TO LINE UP

View attachment 105831
I almost always play 4 3 2 1 In all games, rarely change tactics, occasionally change roles in CM... e.g BWM to DLP

STRONGEST TEAM(s)

View attachment 105823 View attachment 105822 View attachment 105821 View attachment 105820

- LB- is rotated often between Purrington and Tonnesen as is RB between Wabara & C-Young.

- CM-
Threlkeld usually starts as a Defensive BWM in tougher or away games. Conor Smith usually starts as a B2B though on loan arsenal player Sheaf is starting to influence games more.
Harvey Black has started to break in to the team which has changed the formation slightly from using a
BWM to a DLP.

- RW- Jake Jervis started the season really well but Matt Kennedy has started to become a key player in recent games.

NOVEMBER & DECEMBER

View attachment 105417

FA Cup 2nd Round & CheckaTrade Trophy 2nd Round
View attachment 105414View attachment 105413

Rest of December

View attachment 105412

The club have now overtaken Pompy to top League 2, we have been 2nd until the victory against Accrington Stanley.... Lets hope we can stay there now until the end of the season.

MID-SEASON UPDATE ON HOW THE SQUAD ARE DOING & JAN TRANSFERS & RESULTS COMING UP NEXT.

JANUARY RESULTS
View attachment 105405
FA Cup 3rd Round- An unfortunate exit from the FA Cup. a bumper crowd of 16,000 watched the game which will no doubt help the club financially, Stoke played a full strength side and unfortunately were too good for us.

CheckaTrade Trophy

3rd Round- Southampton- A really good win against my Parent Club's U23 Team who played 5 players who had appeared for them in the Premier League this year so a really good victory.
Quarter Final- MK Dons- League 1 leaders MK Dons were up next for us, we could smell the turf at Wembley we were so close, a 1-1 Draw at full time but we won on Penalties- We will play Colchester in the Semi Final which we expect to win.
View attachment 105402
View attachment 105401

JANUARY TRANSFER ACTIVITY NEXT

JANUARY TRANSFER SUMMARY

I am not looking for huge overhaul in the team, we are Top of League 2 so want to wait until next season to make mas improvements, If we can make some money that may change though.

A little bonus a few days in to the transfer window! The club have received 215K as part of Conor Hourihane's transfer to Aston Villa..... Thanks Villa, this will help us massively!

View attachment 105103
View attachment 105102
View attachment 105101

TRANSFERS OUT

View attachment 105100

View attachment 105099- Miller had only played a couple of games due to Wabara & Campbell-Young keeping him out, so made sense to release him as he was on over £1k a week.
View attachment 105098- Spencer's only contribution was scoring the winner against Swansea in the Quarter Finals, he struggled to fill Big Garita's shoes when he was injured so bit Dunfermline's hand off!
View attachment 105096- Stalled on this great offer for Purrington, He was in & out of the team & ultimately the offer was too good to turn down with Tonnesen playing well at LB I let the local lad leave for a good fee.
View attachment 105097- Another I wasn't keen on leaving as he'd been quality but again the fee was too great to turn down and will help us big time going forward.

TRANSFERS IN

View attachment 105095
View attachment 105094

OVIE EJARIA- LOAN - After losing Fdaouch I needed a APM, Ejaria is a good prospect. View attachment 105091

ALEX KIWOMYA- LOAN - Did well at Crewe in the 1st half of the year, adds pace to the wings.
View attachment 104953

KRISTOFFER TONNESEN- 28K -
Did really well on loan and 28k for the transfer was a no brainer.
View attachment 105090

VALMIR BERISHA- FREE -
A good young striker for the future, Good back up for now though.
View attachment 105089

BEN SHEAF- 120K - Has done well since his loan, contract was up in July so got a bargain.
View attachment 105088

JACK DUNN- 90K - The Liverpool player did well at Morecambe and was listed so another bargain.
View attachment 105087

ZAN BENEDICIC- FREE - Contract expired at Orient, looks a good player for this league.
View attachment 105086

Overall pretty pleased with the January business.
Made a good amount of money on player sales, I invested a small bit of it but have saved most of it with the hope the board will give me more funds next season as the funds will be better used in League 1 rather than this season.

Last edited: